SEC West

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

SEC West

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:27 am

Well I still don't think there is a clear favorite to win the west.

LSU looks better than expected by most but how will Harris play if he has to put that offense on his shoulders, if anybody manages to slow down that run game.

Ole Miss defense is athletic and tackles extremely well. Don't know that they have enough depth to hang in there against that LSU run game. Luckily they got some easy points against Bama. Kelly has a ton of potential but struggled when put under pressure. I know they did not have Tunsil but not sure how much difference that will make because most of the pressure came up the middle or from the right side. Maybe that game helps him get over that. Still think the lack of run game bites them at some point.

A&M has lots of potential on Offense but still has questions in the run game like Ole Miss. They have a great pass rush but how can they hold up against strong run games.

Bama has a lot of growing up to do on offense and special teams. Defense is pretty dang good. Offense is just sloppy and inconsistent.

State needs to tackle better on defense and get more production out of RBs.

Arkie well I have not seen them play.

Auburn looks horrible and their defense just gave up against LSU. Never a good thing.

I think it comes down to LSU and Ole Miss.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Re: SEC West

Postby davidees » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:53 am

Correct. I'll add that I don't think the league overall is very good right now.
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:32 am

Our line problems will greatly improve when Tunsil comes back. Because we moved our starting RT to LT, and we're having to shuffle everyone. Get Tunsil back and we can move Cooper back to RT, Justin Bell didn't play at the end of the game either, so we were relying on a patchwork line and a true Freshman playing at RG.

There was someone in Kelly's face all game, #FreeTunsil
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Postby yourmanwm75 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:36 pm

Those anyone else get tired of the talk? The best team will be revealed just keep watching football. And we all know the best team doesn't always win. Key players have to stay healthy all season. But that's part of a team effort you gotta make it all season. Its like predicting the end of the movie just watch it and you will know. Coming from a Ole Miss fan i think they better get some stuff straight offense was far from firing on all cylinders. I think we are very beatable. But i think we have the ability to beat anyone at the same time. Depends on how we play. We had a few plays against bama that we were lucky enough that went our way other wise could have been looking at a lost. When Kelly threw that ball up to treadwell i was screaming so loud my wife came running asking whats wrong. That could have easily been a pick 6. Thankfully it wasn't.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:51 pm

Yes ole miss looked very beatable and would have lost if not so many mistakes from Bama and a crazy play but Bama did make the mistakes and Ole Miss capitalized on them. Bama is just not crisp on offense. OL just straight up missing assignments, WRs going the wrong way leading to easy interceptions, lots of penalties, and their best WR got hurt in first half. These are all things that can be fixed but will they be fixed before it is too late. Kelly made a couple of amazing throws in tight coverage but he has to learn to handle the pass rush. You can clearly see he has a ton of potential. So far every team in college football has some big questions and right now just like last year no team is separating itself from the pack. Going to be another wild crazy year and that is why I love college football. If an SEC team is going to bring home the championship they are going to have to improve no matter which team that is.

Return to “Sports Forum”