Auburn v LSU Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Auburn v LSU Prediction Thread

Postby camlock » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:32 am

why hasn't Auburn tried a different QB?

I'll admit I was one that believed the hype, I thought Auburn would win the West and Johnson would be very good...
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:24 am

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:15 am

Not taking anything away from LSU because they looked solid and should contend for the West, but Auburn is not a good football team. I say that because not only did we look like shat against LSU, we sucked against the first 2 opponents as well. How in the hell we went from all the pre-season hype to this is beyond my ability to understand!

As bad as Johnson looks at QB, I am not sure the problem is all on him, particularly the lack of a downfield passing attack. To throw the ball downfield, the receivers have to run the right route and create some space for him to throw it. I am not seeing that at all. Johnson is going through his reads, and no one is in a position to catch it. We definitely have a QB issue, but IMO at least, we also have a WR issue. Duke is going through the motions out there which looks like he's playing to not get hurt.

For those wondering (including me), there has to be a reason Sean White has not replaced JJ. If the coaches felt that we would be better off with White, I'm sure he would be on the field. I think part of the problem we've seen is that they are trying to protect Johnson, and that's why he isn't running the ball. In the 2nd half, I think CGM decided that he had to take the risk or tank the season. We should see Johnson run the ball more, simply because CGM knows that protecting Johnson is part of our problem.

The DL is a disaster. I guess it’s a little early for Coach Boom to make that much of an improvement in all facets of the defense. Granted, we have had some untimely injuries & no depth (with experience). LSU beat us bad physically on the DL, and to be honest I don't see any way this improves this year. If you're getting beaten by technique, you can fix that. When you're getting beaten physically and by effort, (which we are) it's a much bigger problem. J’ville St. beat us physically last week and LSU manhandled us this week. We have some talent, but something is wrong. IMO, Rodney Garner is the problem. I suspect that he will not be coaching anywhere on our defense in 2016. This is the second year in a row that the DL could not generate anything. Not having Lawson hurts, but one guy cannot determine the way the entire unit plays. This is the single biggest problem on the team. It dwarfs all the problems with the offense.

Fournette could have ran for 500 yards all by himself. There was no way our defense was going to stop him. The bad news is that as good as he is, we have a bunch of other RB's left on the schedule who are not far behind him……Chubb, Henry, ect….

I'm not sure how much you can take from the points we scored in the 2nd half. LSU knew the game was over and they were playing a lot of guys. Plus they knew they could trot Fournette back out there and score at will. So, they let us salvage something. It made the score look a lot better than it was IMO.

Again, once the season starts, you are what you are, and what we are is a pretty bad football team. I would like to think that we can improve, and I think we will. However, we're so bad that marginal improvement, which is about all you can really manage, isn't going to amount to much. So, IMO it's going to be bad from here out.

CGM's problem right now is keeping the team together and focused. The big problem when you are playing as badly as we are is that your team starts giving up. That's what happened to Tubs in 2008 and to Chizik in 2012. I see signs of that right now, particularly on defense. That's the real challenge, and it is real and big. When you lose the locker room, it’s over. I’ve seen it before & it’s not pretty. If MSU beats us soundly Saturday, watch out, things could go downhill very fast.

I really don't see a way we can beat MSU to be honest. Our defense won't be able to contain Dak, and they will score a lot of points on us. On the other hand we would have a hard time hanging 30 on Hoover HS right now. So get ready, IMO it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I don’t see an SEC team on our schedule that we can beat, including Kentucky. We’re fighting Vandy for the bottom spot in the conference, and it is a toss up. We’re looking a lot like a 4-8 team right now. I just don’t see how we make it to 6 wins to get bowl eligible. Pardon me while I go vomit!
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:42 am

sweet blog.

in summary. ..

the game has passed Gus by

muschamp is overrated.

the team quit.

aubs eat boogs.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:09 pm

Esjay I think you are spot on about them protecting Johnson. That offense looked completely different when they turned him loose to run. I think State has been doing the same thing with Dak. I understand the risk of injury but if you want to have a dual threat QB then use him that way.

Return to “Sports Forum”