Ole Miss v Alabama Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Ole Miss v Alabama Prediction Thread

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:30 am

Probably the biggest game in the SEC this year is already upon us this weekend. Ole Miss is averaging an amazing 75 points per game through two games (could be averaging 100 if they wanted to)...and arguably fields the best defense in the country. Alabama is playing their usual defense, will be at home and is looking for revenge.

I know people are going to think I am an idiot for making this prediction (and I likely am - not just for this pick).

I think that Ole Miss goes into Tuscaloosa and hands Nick Saban his worst defeat since he has been at Alabama. Ole Miss has too many weapons on offense and their defense is better than Bama's offense.

Ole Miss wins 38-17.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Re: Ole Miss v Alabama Prediction Thread

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:40 am

Ole Miss gets a stout double shot of reality this weekend.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 am

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:55 am

I'll believe it when I see it.

Bama 28-17
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:02 am

our defense has been rather "vanilla" the last 2 weeks as it should against much lessor opponents. but, we have had multiple missed assignments, and we will be missing a starting lockdown corner for the first half of the game. another concern, I don't know if our front 7, albeit pretty good, can stop Alabama's running game. offensively, I'm not convinced we have fixed our rushing issues, Walton does appear much more explosive but I'm not sure we can consistently get positive yardage running with our OL.

can we play with them? absolutely, can we beat them, sure. I just don't know if it will happen this weekend. if bama scores 25+ they win. if we punch them in the mouth early, I'll wish I would've put money on the rebs.

bummer 27, rebels 20
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:54 am

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Rebels leave turdtown with the 2nd W in as many years.
Gump meltdown intensifies to levels never seen before.
Updyke family & followers high jack a Tru-Green spray rig truck & fill it it wiff spike 80df and head to Oxford with revenge on the agenda. They poison every single tree in the grove before calling finebum to brag.
For sale signs litter lil nickey's mansion, his Benz is overturned & set fire. He retreats to the mountains of West Virginia to escape the madness & toothless.

Rebs 31
turds 21
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
Hole Hunter
Duck South Addict

Postby Hole Hunter » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Sounds like a dream I had one time... :lol:

Then I woke up to see us poop the bed against Jacksonville St. :?

WAR EAGLE anyway!
WAR DAYUM EAGLE!!!

A True Sportsman shoots what he eats and eats what he shoots.
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:33 pm

As an Ole Miss fan I have a few thoughts on Saturday night and will not make a prediction.

1. It is fun thinking the Rebels might actually have a chance to play in the SEC championship game and even the playoff. If Ole Miss can win Saturday they will move into the top 4 based on first two games and then backing it up against BAMA.

2. It would really be nice to have Tunsil back for this game. (I don't think it happens tho)

3. Tee Sheppard will hurt but not as much as I would have thought 2 weeks ago. He is not starting and should give us a jolt in the 2nd half.

4. Kelly is fun to watch, has a strong arm and really runs the offense fast. In my opinion, he is better than Bo now and I was a Bo supporter. I just hope Coach Freeze does not try to slow the pace down.

5. Ole Miss defense is good and barring injury will be fine this weekend.

Oh hell - I am drinking the Kool-Aid and drinking hard. I think it is a very special year in Oxford.
Ole Miss 35 Ala(freakin)Bama 20 As Po Monk would say -Stock up Rebel fans because you will be smoking them Saturday night.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Think this game can easily go either way. The main questions to me are the following.
1) Will Tunsil be back? That makes a huge difference.
2) Can Ole Miss run the ball? If not the heat will be on Kelly especially depending on no 1.
3) Can the 3 new starters on OL keep up with the Ole Miss DL. Our right tackle has struggled against speed rushers and the freshman at LG has just missed assignments several times.
4) Can Coker finally start making quick decisions and deliver the ball on time? That has been his main problem.
5) How will Kelly handle the hostile environment?
6) Can Bama DBs keep up with ole miss WRs?

If Kelly plays like he has been the first two weeks his name will move into the Heisman race. Saban has never lost a revenge game. Their is a first time for everything. Should be a hell of a game and the winner will obviously be the favorite to win the SEC and make a run at the playoff.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:47 am

skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 am

Bama and Ole Miss play a hard one, both getting a handful on the 'D' side of the ball. Coker is replaced by Bateman who is more mobile and shows what he is capable of. Field goal decides the game late in the 4th. This 'should' be a great game.

Bama 24- Ole Miss 21

RTR!!!!
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Looking forward at the OM schedule, if they win this game, they are almost a shoe-in to go to Atlanta by way of holding the head to head over Bama. Bama likely runs the table for the rest of their schedule and OM likely only loses one (maybe to aTm or LSU or AU). I think all the other schools lose at least two games.

Talk about a HUGE game. This may be the biggest game, all things considered, for OM is over 50 years.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Return to “Sports Forum”