Ole Miss v Alabama Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Re: Ole Miss v Alabama Prediction Thread

Postby webbmaster » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:22 am

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:30 pm

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:53 pm

I gotta tell you, I wouldnt be where I am today without a supporting cast. Its extremely difficult to keep this place going without scott j and big dumpo.
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Postby yourmanwm75 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:43 pm

mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:00 pm

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:20 pm

If the only thing they have on Tunsil is the loaner car then it should be 4 games max. I guess the issue is when they actually release the findings, guess they plan on sitting him until they hear. It is ridiculous that they are taking so long announce anything. As far as Bama being on the down slide I think it has more to do with other teams catching up because of more diversity in college football. With the improvements in technology, social media, and these guys going to tons of camps together it has allowed things to happen like all these guys coming to Ole Miss together. If those guys were not able to all stay in constant contact and went to all the camps together I don't think they ever all wind up in Oxford. They were getting Nkemdiche and Connor no matter what but all those other guys came because of the relationships built with Nkemdechie. Just the landscape of college football now. Much harder for one team to really pull away from the pack. It also helps that all these schools are benefiting from all the money coming in from TV contracts and allow them to upgrade their facilities on par with your traditional power houses. Just think of how much Oregon has benefited from Phil Knight and his money.
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:45 am

The NCAA has lost all credibility and the Tunsil situation shows it!! The NCAA discovered both Tunsil and C.J. Hampton kept Cannon motor loaner cars longer than they should have. C.J. had his for less time than Tunsli thus the 2 games and Tunsil will get 4 games. We all claim sources close to the program and I cant say this is 100% but I was told about these things before the first game and everything I was told has proven 100% accurate. Also was told the problem at Ole Miss is we don't have a Chancellor to stand up to this and there are no current Ole Miss guys on the compliance group at the school and one is trying hard to get a job with the NCAA.

My issue is the NCAA would have more credibility coming out with the info and laying down the punishment. They are letting schools decide their own punishment and then (as with Scam Newton) if the school does nothing, no punishment is announced. I predict Tunsil plays after the fourth game and the NCAA never discloses anything about the situation.
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:45 am

The NCAA has lost all credibility and the Tunsil situation shows it!! The NCAA discovered both Tunsil and C.J. Hampton kept Cannon motor loaner cars longer than they should have. C.J. had his for less time than Tunsli thus the 2 games and Tunsil will get 4 games. We all claim sources close to the program and I cant say this is 100% but I was told about these things before the first game and everything I was told has proven 100% accurate. Also was told the problem at Ole Miss is we don't have a Chancellor to stand up to this and there are no current Ole Miss guys on the compliance group at the school and one is trying hard to get a job with the NCAA.

My issue is the NCAA would have more credibility coming out with the info and laying down the punishment. They are letting schools decide their own punishment and then (as with Scam Newton) if the school does nothing, no punishment is announced. I predict Tunsil plays after the fourth game and the NCAA never discloses anything about the situation.

P.S. Webbie you was correct about one thing. I'll bet Batemen was still feeling pain on Sunday. He got knocked the f out.
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:54 am

One other thing - Bama is 84-11 in the last 7 seasons before this year. People are saying they are on a downward trend after losing one game. Well hell, with that record over 7 years it is hard to go up!!! I sure hope in 2020 Bama beats Ole Miss 2 years in a row and we have had the above record and National Championships Bama has won during this time. I will laugh and say yep we are on the way down.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:18 am

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:23 am

Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:00 am

Last edited by Smoke68 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:21 pm

NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Ole Miss will lose some key players this year but at the same time have several coming back. Freeze has done a great job recruiting and should land a top 5 class this year. I don't think Kelly will be able to leave this year (well I guess if Ole Miss makes the playoff he could) but with Shea Patterson coming in Ole Miss should be set for several years at QB.

As for Bama I look for them to lose at least one more game this year and maybe even 2 but when a down year means going 9-3 or 10-2 thats pretty good. Competition in the SEC will not allow any team to go 12-0 or 11-1 many years in a row.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Return to “Sports Forum”