LSU v State Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

LSU v State Prediction Thread

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:12 am

Might as well...

State played a sloppy first game of the season, but pulled away in the end and really did not show its hand in the process against Southern Miss (who looked much improved, by the way).

LSU had its game cancelled due to an odd storm that came out from the Northeast (I hope not a bad omen for the season). As a result, LSU was unable to work out what are sure to be kinks in starting a true sophomore in Brandon Harris and now must go about this task on the road in what I think is the most underrated venue in the SEC.

State's defense did not look as athletic to me as they were last year. I have no idea what LSU will look like, but I am fearful of what the defense might look like without Chavis (whom it seems has instantly turned around aTm's defense). State's offense is very solid, particularly when Dak is running the ball. I think we can anticipate some good and bad offense from LSU. They have playmakers everywhere, but one wonders about the QB play.

I think it will be a close, one possession game, one way or the other. My head tells me that State wins, but my gut tells me that LSU squeaks it out.

I am gonna say 31-30 LSU with the difference being a special teams or defensive score.

What say you guys?
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Re: LSU v State Prediction Thread

Postby skywalker » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:17 am

34-10 LSU. Fornette (sp?) rushes for over 200 yards. Dak is sacked at least 4 times.......LSU has something to prove and will make a statement. MSU didn't show 'their hand' at Southern as their hand is a '2 / 7 off suit', the worst hand in poker.

skywalker
chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:52 am

donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:20 pm

^^ once, again....damn...just damn. gotta lotta heart, but .....damn
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:26 am

I'm already hearing bs down here in south Louisiana.

"If State wins, it'll be because we didn't get to play Sat."

Well, way I see it ..........you're fresh ......... no injuries .......... I don't want to hear it.

If they'd lost Harris, Fournette or Dupre to an ACL, you'd had heard how they shouldn't have even played that game.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:35 am

I hope State beats the brakes off LSU

The reaches being taken by the talking heads around Baton Rouge to account for the unknown on LSU team are laugable. They may every one come to pass, but it's funny the things they are leaning on the justify feeling like LSU is going to compete for championships this season. EXAMPLE: I've heard 3 times on sports talk since Monday about the story that Brandon Harris didn't take his shoulder pads off for 4 hours during the delay and he studied his play cards the whole time...they have turned that into an urban legend that defines how focused and prepared he is to be an elite SEC QB. They turned Les Miles weird ass into a secret services aficionado that is harboring the collegiate version of the New England Patriots and the great assembly of talent since undefeated Miami Dolphins with the best RB since Walter Payton...yet as soon one of these 18 years old has a bad night they gonna turn so fast...it's funny but frustrating at the same time!
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:14 pm

I think it will be a heck of a game if state comes out ready to play. If LSU can get decent QB play with little to no mistakes I think they can play with anybody. Obviously for now at least State will go as Dak goes. He is the single most important player in the SEC right now. I know most any QB could be listed there but he is a true difference maker and can carry that offense when he is on.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:16 pm

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Bar fight. Danny boy should have the pups tuned up and in much better form than last week, and having a home crowd helps.

A bigger key than Harris' play could be how well the MSU defensive front contains Fournette. That man (not boy...) is a train wreck once he gets to the second level on his feet.

If Dak is flat, twill be a long night for the dogs, but I don't expect that. Dogs need to be more aggressive on corner coverage, not let Harris get a rhythm going.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:07 pm

State's weakness on D will be the coverage on slants in the middle of the field. Southern ATE us up on that. Basically gave everyone the gameplan on how to attack us. The D line and LB's will do their part on Fournette. The DB's will have to man up and play.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:37 pm

The Dogs certainly looked vulnerable, BUT I do believe they were just playing things straight up and letting the best athletes win the game. 4-3 base defense all night long. Played a good many people, but not a lot of packages. I thought we were missing some smash mouth run offense that Josh Robinson gave us. We will see what Mullen and Company held back. Hopefully a lot!
Are we gonna get wet?
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:57 pm

I will agree we did not look good at all but if I remember last year we did the same thing. We looked bad against non conference and looked like the number one team in the country in conference until late in the season. This game is huge for State, we win this week a lot of people will be jumping back on our wagon.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:41 am

Surprised there is no more chatter about this game on here. This game is HUGE for both teams. If LSU loses, they like will start 0-2 and are all but eliminated from SEC contention three (two for LSU) games into the season (LSU plays Auburn next week). If State loses, it places them in a pretty deep hole out of the gate if they plan on a trip to Atlanta. Moreover, a two game win streak against LSU is not something State can boast about since the 1980s, I don't believe.

The closer to game time, the more I feel like State returns to form from last year and jumps out to an early lead, holding on for the victory in the end...similar to last year.

I could see this game being similar to State v Auburn last year wherein State won by a comfortable margin, but the game felt closer than the final score.
blgros1
Duck South Addict

Postby blgros1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:22 am

"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:13 pm

LSU is going to give States defense trouble. Period. They run well. And that will open up the passing game which we have seemed to really struggle with the past couple of years.

However, LSU has a new DC, and even though he has a ton of talent, it's still new schemes which haven't been tested yet in live action. Hopefully State can score some points.

I really want State to win, but there are more raw athletes on the LSU squad and I just think that's the difference this time.
work hard, play hard

Return to “Sports Forum”