LSU v State Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

blgros1
Duck South Addict

Re: LSU v State Prediction Thread

Postby blgros1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:30 am

The only reason that game was even close is because of our play calling. LSU could have opened it up if they had passed the ball more than 14 times. Miles and Cam used a very non aggressive format of play calling by basically giving it to Fournette(who by the way is a stud). There should have been no chance for MSU to have had an opportunity to win that game. 2 TD's called back along with an assortment of other penalties also hurt LSU in a big way.
"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:27 am

This is all I'm going to say. If that's how LSU plans to play offense this season ......... get ready for some losses. Other than your two defensive ends, LSU's D is spotty also. State didn't show up til the 4th qtr and still should've won the game. Gotta go with Graves there at the end. If it had came up short, who cares. I bet the damn thing would've been dead center. You don't send your damn punter out to kick a FG. The penalties on the big plays were legit. Hell they missed the hold on #85 on the outside run for Fournette's 3rd TD. Even the LSU fans I was with saw it. State came out with bs playcalling too. Mullen put LSU into position to do what they did. Should've came out with the same mindset as last year at Death Valley. Hit them in the mouth early. We've got to find a RB, fast. I never thought we'd miss JRob this bad. If Dak is going to be a pocket passer all season, we're in trouble.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:07 pm

work hard, play hard
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:14 pm

I was at the game and I normally don't get too aggressive about stuff on here, but here are my thoughts:
- LSU is a much better football team than State, period. The refs kept State in that game. Don't give me the legit penalty mess either. State was holding like crazy on all of the pass plays on the two long drives. It can and should go both ways but it wasn't for some reason.
- For my entire life, I thought in high times and low, States fans are the classiest, most respectful in the SEC. I no longer think that now. I had several instances on campus yesterday that have made me rethink the fanbase, but the straw that broke the camels back was having my leg bumped by a 40 something year old State fan in his Lincoln Navigator as my family and I crossed on a crosswalk. Had I not had my wife and kid there...things would have got silly. I am not a UFC fighter or something, but I was very close to jerking him through his window. Over a freaking football game. I expect that from LSU fans in BR. I even expect it from Bama fans...but not State fans. I wonder if the little bit of success has spoiled the bunch.
- I think, due to the strength of the SEC, LSU probably only wins 8-9 games. That sad, even though he threw for less than 100 yards (because they wouldn't let him throw), Brandon Harris impressed me last night with poise, running ability and his arm. By the time LSU hits the meat of their schedule (the last four games) they could be very formitable.
- LSU started two true freshmen on defense (#49 Arden Key and #2 Kevin Tolliver). They both played like All-SEC players at times last night.
- Dak Prescott is a great football player and I really hate that Miles did not have the insight to pursue him harder as a recruit.
- State's gameday atmosphere is legit. The stadium experience has surpassed Ole Miss in my opinion and the tailgating is not far behind either.

Drops mic....steps off soap box.
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:41 pm

I think if State started like they finished they win by 2 td's. I'm a fair weather State fan so this is not too biased.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:16 am

Last edited by stang67 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:59 am

Miles did recruit him ............ as a fullback ! :lol:

And I'm sorry about the navigator deal. Also, if State did get some breaks with the refs, then hallelujah. It's been one sided for YEARS with LSU and Bama. Finally nice to get some fairness for once. :lol:
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:00 am

My personal opinion....LSU and it's coaching staff is the only reason State had a chance to win the game. Kuddos to Diaz and MSU for adjusting and slowing down LSU's run game, but shame on LSU for attempting 14 passes all night with all that talent on the field. If LSU had run any semblance of a passing offense in second half they would've ran out of Starkville (play action would have destroyed State in the second half)....instead Les Miles will be Les Miles and he's not only going to get his team beat, he is going to get #7 hurt running him into 8-9 man fronts over and over with no plan to spread the ball around when they are STUFFED at the LOS.

Dak is good, real good...Ross and Wilson are good receivers...State has some good players but overall talent looks down from last year. Shumpert just isn't the runner Robinson was and that's a shame with his size...he could be Fournette-esque

LSU is loaded with talent...as much as anyone in America...and they still have a Special Olympics participant coaching their team.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:02 am

I think us State fans should give Lester a big "thank you" for not running up the score on us. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:34 am

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:17 am

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:23 am

fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:40 pm

How do you like your Hope and Change?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:33 pm

I thought offensively both teams had horrible game plan and play calling.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:54 am

Return to “Sports Forum”