Early observations

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Early observations

Postby mfalkner » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Rebs looked sharp but still don't have dominant run game. Noted that they are missing Tunsil. Heavy package is gonna be a handful. Kelly looks like legit deep threat.

Auburn squeaks by Louisville... Hmmm

Aggie defense looking pretty real against a good offense.
crenshawco
Regular

Re: Early observations

Postby crenshawco » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Early observation is Southern Miss was very underrated. Or, perhaps it's their competition :D
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:59 pm

State is being the old State and LSU looked damn good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Agreed. And if Bammer doesn't get the two long TD runs, they in trouble. Wisconsin was all they wanted; I think Ole Miss can make trouble for them if we don't give up big plays.

Monken has a great game plan going and a really good QB.
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:31 am

As much as it hurts me to say this...I would say ole miss looked better than anybody. I know they played a high school team but still they were organized ans crisp. State look like a mess I swear Dak had to have had at least 12 passes that were no where close to the target. This could be a longggggg year for state fans. Bama look alright nothing too wild I didn't watch the 4th but the beginning the qb looked good. Tex am has a defense that all appear to run 4.3 40s and are all over a qb. Auburn started off super good looking but kind of let the momentum shift sides and they stopped looking as crisp. As long as Miss State has Dak throwing 4 out of 5 pass wayyyyyy off target I will be shocked if we win 6 games
A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Ole Miss is a top 5 team

State did not look as athletic on D

Texas A&M is going to be a force

Bama doesn't have a QB

Auburn is solid.

Ole Miss will beat Bama in two weeks.
Money
Duck South Addict

Postby Money » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Hell I know some nursing home teams that would look crisp agin Tenn-Mart.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:13 pm

I think Bama is the only team mentioned in this thread that played anybody worth talking about. Wisconsin will win 9, possibly 10 games, something none of the other teams opponents will.....the QB situation is under control and D Henry has learned to run 'downhill'......should be a good game in two weeks.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:16 pm

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:05 pm

I actually thought Bama looked better than I expected. Wisconsin could not do anything but dink and dunk the ball around. The OL looked a little shaky at first but I expected that with 3 new starters including a freshman at left guard but they progressed as the night went on. Bama killed theirselves with penalties, if they don't clean that up it will hurt them in conference play. Bama is a team that is going to get better each week as they have a lot of new starters compared to say an Ole Miss who returned a lot of players. Did not watch Many other games. A&M looked good from the parts of the game I watched. They have a ridiculous amount of depth at WR and a great pass rush. Seems state did their usual and played down to the competition. Guessing the late kick off did not help. Did not see Auburn game. Did they just get a lead and then let up?.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 pm

And remember the name Ridley for Bama. True freshman that reminded me of Cooper.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:52 pm

duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Webmaster - dang it, you beat me to it.

Well, if anything, it has been recently proven, a team CAN be beaten by the Rebels AND still go (and win) the SEC Championship at the Georgia Dome, and become a member of THE four-team playoff. We went, came up a tad short, but it was a nice roll.

Sorry 76 was not put up on the scoreboard in Arlington, TX to justify our
presence...
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:02 pm

State looked very sloppy all night on both sides of the ball. Southern has improved some as well, they should have had that game handled by halftime. The whole team has work to do. SEC play will be very tough if there isn't much improvement.

Ole Miss looked really good, but it's hard to say since they weren't really a test. The only thing thing to conclude from their game is that they have a tremendous abundance of athletes. I guess jury is still out on Tunsil but my money says he is back just in time for Bama.

Texas AM looked really good I thought.

LSU will have to work their kinks out against State, which to me is a little bit of a disadvantage. We shall see Saturday. I think both LSU and State will learn a lot about their season Saturday night.

Alabama is still Alabama. Don't rebuild, just reload. They will be tough to beat all year if their QB play holds up.
work hard, play hard
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Bama fans touchy as always. My point was they did not dominate areas of the game that they normally do, which I see as a potential weakness that teams can pick on. They're gonna be stout and tough to beat, but they didn't look bulletproof.

Return to “Sports Forum”