Tunsil

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Re: Tunsil

Postby eSJay » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Boosters have been brown bagging it long before Cam & will continue to do so long after Tunsil.

I remember several "snitches" in the Newton saga.....Most of them with strong MSU ties.

At any rate, disgruntled family members will always cause headaches for athletic departments.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:36 am

I've read some real credibility issues with the stepfather and his motivation based on what's been going on inside the family in recent times...now I don't think any of it has anything to do with the physical altercation other than him and the mom having it out, but rather credibility on the whistle blowing on the agent stuff. Reality is there is most likely some wrong doing that has happened between Tunsil and agents, be it minor or major...with the stepfather looking more and more like a leach as the story progresses, he's probably sensationalizing it to some degree and further what can be proven will tell the story...His selling his images to TMZ ,of the pop knot Tunsil put on his head for messing with momma, severely damages his credibility and shines a bright light on his motivation and how serious he should be taken in his claims.

My bet...Tunsil gets a one game suspension for minor violation, like accepting transportation (a ride, not a vehicle) or dinner from an agent and is suspended one game...the violence deal is he said/she said and I'd bet nobody is ever charged with anything.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:54 am

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 am

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:31 am

HNIC of "The Network"^^^^^
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 am

Hmmmmmm. Whatever could this mean? :wink:

http://trendmag2.trendoffset.com/public ... p=32&pre=#{"page":36,"issue_id":118490}

For the reading impaired, allow me to help you connect some of the dots: 2012 article ( prior to 2013 signing day) ---- Tunsil raised by his mother, with no father figure ---- Tunsil obviously very proud of his mother, who is a hard working registered nurse, and thus likely very protective of her ---- after Tunsil's little brother, Alex, graduates from high school, Tunsil's mother and Alex plan to move to college town where Tunsil ultimately plays college football.

I'll let the super sleuths draw their own conclusions.
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:32 pm

In this day and age, thinking that any decent player in the SEC doesn't accept some "benefits" from someone is naive. State does it, Vandy does it, Ole Miss does it. Everyone does it.

My great uncle played at Ole Miss in the 70's, and was an All-SEC tightend. He said after every game, the boosters came around and "shook your hand" and handed you some money along with it. It's no different now, than it was then.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:45 pm

The rationalization has certainly evolved over the last 24 months.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:59 pm

It's over. Problem cleaned.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4lrVIpbvo

#TheNetwork
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:35 am

Miller ( step-dad) will not show for the initial hearing on the assault charge against Tunsil. Thus, charge will be dismissed. In turn, the counter-charges against Miller will be dismissed at some point and will not proceed forward.

Miller is already backing down on his wild, reckless, unsubstantiated, and unprovable allegations of improprieties against Tunsil and UM, which were clearly spewed in anger and spite out of an emotional domestic squabble. Miller will essentially come clean and recant.

This carnival ride is all but over.

:wink:
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:25 am

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:03 pm

NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:42 am

Just to clear up some things.

When Ole Miss signed the huge class with Tunsil, the NCAA (as it does with several schools) was in Oxford for 6 months to check on things. NOTHING was found and Tunsil was one of he main targets as Georgia was making wild accusations.

Every year the NCAA interviews the top 100 - 150 players in the nation regarding recruiting. Tonsil has been interviewed twice and cleared.

As for him riding around with agents. It may be true but I would think an agent riding around in a yellow convertible in Oxford would not be much of an agent. I just don't picture a guy as smart as Jimmy Sexton riding thru Oxford (in a yellow convertible) with a 300 pound OL.

I think everything gets dropped next week in court and nothing else is said of the issue.
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 am

Po Monk - The sad part of all of this are the ones questioning Tonsil's mother moving to Oxford.

What do they base this belief on?
1. She is black thus she is poor?
2. She is black thus she doesn't work?
3. Oxford does not let black residents move in?
4. Oxford has no hospital thus no need for nurses?

My thought is anyone that questions her move has to be racist or just stupid.

Any thoughts on this from anyone?
donia
Duck South Addict

Tunsil

Postby donia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:53 am

....or been in a position in life that moving to where your (high profile, aka actually playing) son is playing most likely 4 years of d1 college football, won't really affect little brother's upbringing and be around said son. 'specially since dad isn't in the picture.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...

Return to “Sports Forum”