Tunsil

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: Tunsil

Postby stang67 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:23 am

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:33 am

NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:50 am

Lots of parents don't have to move as they live close enough to drive into the games. Tunsil's mother is a nurse and was a single mother. I don't blame her for wanting to get a job close to where her son is playing ball. I would imagine she will also leave and go where he is in the NFL unless he plans to live in Oxford during his offseason.

It is also not uncommon for parents (with kids in other sports) to purchase condos in Oxford for them to come in and stay.

Now be honest - When you heard Tunsil's mom was living in Oxford, what was your first thought?
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm a State fan, I don't like Ole Miss, but my two thoughts are:

1). Every good recruit gets paid, no matter the school.

2). Step dads story sounded like sour grapes from the beginning.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Go back and read my prior post that begins: "Hmmmm. Whatever could this mean?"

The answers are there.

Tunsil's mom is a working registered nurse who likely makes 3 times the salary of the young, naive CL sportswriter who somehow jumped to the ridiculous conclusion that she could not afford moderate housing in the Oxford area without improper assistance.

I provided a link to an article, written in 2012, well before the 2013 signing day, and well before anyone knew Tunsil would ultimately sign with Ole Miss, that revealed the plan of Tunsil's mom to move to the college town where Tunsil would ultimately wind up playing college ball, after her son Alex finished his senior year in high school. At that time, no one knew that it would be Oxford. And guess what, Tunsil's mom did exactly what she said she was going to do.

There is nothing sinister about her moving to Oxford to watch her oldest son play college football, nor is there anything unusual about a registered nurse being able to afford modest housing.

And I find no fault at all with Tunsil defending his mother from a physical assault by the step-dad. If
anyone were to shove or hit or otherwise get rough with my mother, I would be on their booty like a hobo on a baloney sandwich --- there would be a good old fashioned country booty whooping delivered, whether I witnessed it or not, technical law be damned. Ole Miss will not punish Tunsil for this altercation in any way. No jury would ever convict him. These charges will be dropped.

I didn't think that I needed to connect all the dots for you guys. Come on, man.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:51 pm

I think most made the connection with the article -- just defending the racism charge from the sites newest CNN intern. :wink:
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:07 pm

Well cschitt I was hoping something big would come of this
Just another case of the blue ballz.. :wink:
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:21 am

Stang67 - Did I call you out by name? No I ask what everyone thought. You were the one that got defensive so quick. I am not throwing anything around just asking a simple question to why people don't think she could afford to move to Oxford. Mainly because as a society we jump to conclusions without knowing any facts about a situation. And if you knew me, you for sure wouldn't say I made a racism charge or a CNN intern. I simply pointed out what PO Monk says below. Blevins and others jumped to a conclusion that his mom could not afford housing in Oxford. I simply asked why do people think that so quickly.

Tunsil's mom is a working registered nurse who likely makes 3 times the salary of the young, naive CL sportswriter who somehow jumped to the ridiculous conclusion that she could not afford moderate housing in the Oxford area without improper assistance.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:19 am

Given the sheer ignorance often displayed by many young millennials, perhaps that is the young CL writer's excuse. :wink:

This writer probably still lives with his parents and works in his pjs from home:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1bMs04JK0BQ
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:32 am

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:29 am

Well, to protect the delicate feelings of board members, I provided a scapegoat.

Blevins = https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0cTH7a-PUrg
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:18 am

So are you guys 100% positive that he actually was protecting his mother? I find it hard to believe that Miller was not arrested for domestic violence if he did indeed push her. Pretty much any claim to an officer of domestic violence gets you arrested. i am sorry not all the dots connect in Tunsils favor. As stated before by someone there are 3 sides to every story. Also I agree that everyone is cheating just the nature of the game right now but Ole Miss fans have been over the top defensive that they run a clean program. I think that is why so many people are interested in this.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:55 pm

A court hearing this past Friday on whether Miller's restraining order against Tunsil should be extended, went very badly for Miller. Not only did he lose, but testimony during the hearing revealed him to be the lying, money grubbing, gold digging, petty, domestic abuser that many in the know had pegged him to be. Stupid and psychotic also come to mind. Tunsil and his mother were represented by Steven Farese. Miller represented himself and was disrespectful to the Judge and witnesses during the hearing, having to be warned/admonished by the Judge on several occasions. This is a joke. It's over. Game. Set. Match.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:02 am

Well the question now is who picked up Farese's tab ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Sports Forum”