Anybody remember the final straw for Croom?

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

SWAG
Duck South Addict

Re: Anybody remember the final straw for Croom?

Postby SWAG » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:02 pm

4 players in 2007 weighed under 185....and one of those was sweet hitting Jeffery Rea.
15 players in 2015 weigh under 185 and several more just 5-10 lbs heavier, very few position guys over 200.

I can go with the thought that smaller may mean quicker and more agile, probably an edge on defense. Quicker hands or bat speed? Not so much. Less power? Pretty convincing. Live bat or dead bat, live ball or a ball that will fly.....you cant put all of your eggs in one basket.
Are we gonna get wet?
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:59 pm

My point has been made who is responsible for the recruits, who is responsible for the results? I have not been to a ballgame this year so I am am open to being convinced that the ship can change directions but if I remember correctly we are trying to raise money for the best College park in the Nation and this is how we are looking. I guess I have to high expectations. Several years ago my family got our season tickets back for football and we had been moved from our seats of over 25 years. ( our seats was on the 25-30 yard line) It was the first time I ever noticed my father upset the State's Athletic program. He played football and was on the Golf Team for 4 years and we had had season tickets for football, basketball and baseball for over 30 years. I have witnessed several phones calls where State was trying to raise money and every time my dad would send in a check. We had been setting in the same seat for years and with a group of old players and their families as long as can remember. My dad called and talked with them and was told with success much demand was made on the tickets and loyalty did not mean as much as money. So the way I feel is you need to win the right way, with the right players and make the university proud, if you can't do that, then somebody else can.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Oh I agree with you bustercat on a lot of those points. Expectations are high and Cohen needs to improve or move on. I am not a big fan of the big change planned at Dudy Noble.....some of it yes and some of it no.
Are we gonna get wet?
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Mon May 11, 2015 9:33 am

Well Cohen is now 11-17 against the Rebels since he came to Ms State. Also 87-118 in SEC play. If the Alum at State wont tolerate losing to the Rebels his seat must be getting real hot.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:37 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:58 pm

I feel that if Stricklin does not fire Cohen then his butt is in the hot seat and he (Stricklin) knows another year like this then he might be gone. I've been around sports my whole life and one thing I can promise you is bad luck has nothing to do with winning or losing streaks, that is an excuse someone uses that knows nothing about the sport they are talking about. I have always had the feeling that State was always bee complacent with our coaches until Stricklin came in. He gave me the feeling that winning was expected and anything else was not to be excepted. We have always waited to late when firing a coach why should this time be any different.

Return to “Sports Forum”