Speaking of Malik Newman..........

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Speaking of Malik Newman..........

Postby eSJay » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:42 am

How likely is he to put on a Maroon & White flat bill on Friday? 25% ~ 50% ~ 75% ~ 99.9%?
Lots of MSU homers saying it’s done deal. Just seems so out of character for a one & done guy to go play his only college season during a re-tooling / re-building season, not to mention play for a team that fell short of post season play. Most of those types go to a high exposure team that will surely go dancing in March. He seems to be a humble kid that’s close to his family & maybe he wants stay close to home. Maybe he wants to continue to be “the man” on the team. MSU gives him that, but @ UK, he’ll just be another freak of nature on the roster. I know there are supposedly a few more teams on the list, but I just used UK as an example.
Just curious what you “insiders” are thinking.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Re: Speaking of Malik Newman..........

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:49 am

Definitely no insider but I think you hit on a good point.

Don't think UK can promise him the starting role and minutes he wants because of all the horses they have in the stable. He would play dang near all 40 min for State and be the big man on campus. That coupled with being closer to home may help. Did hear that Howland has let him talk to Russell Westbrook so those types of little things could weigh in on his decision. I'd still say 50/50 chance but who knows at this point.

Am also hearing that the Kasongo kid may sign Friday. Those two signing could change the game for State.

Fingers crossed...
SHERMANATOR
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:47 am

State was out of the picture until Howland was hired. I think it's clear that, if Newman signs, he likes his chances of getting better and getting the level of exposure he desires at State. If we sign another impact guy, "retooling" may not be the best descriptor. I agree, that Newman was not signing with a team he has no confidence in.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Say he does go to state and helps Howland turn the program around in one year just imagine the visibility that gets him.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:24 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae

Return to “Sports Forum”