Does this college baseball season suck or what?

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Does this college baseball season suck or what?

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Good lord.

For my Rebs, from CWS semifinals to Bad News Bears. Forget a regional, we might not even make it to Hoover.

Can't hit. No pitchers worth a schit after two games in a 3 game series. None dominant.

So much for the new baseball providing better pop off the bat. Gotta at least be able to make contact with the ball for that to even matter.

It's so bad, I can't even watch or listen. It's too depressing.

WTF?
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Re: Does this college baseball season suck or what?

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Well, after posting this rant, the Rebs come back vs Vandy ( ranked No 2 nationally) and take game 2 after 16 innings. And then today, take game 3 for the series win.

So, I'm gonna stay on their booty the remainder of the season. :lol:
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:15 pm

Big series win for bianco's and crew
Your rip is strong if um can just get 4-5
Above .500 they'll be in the talk for 3 seed

That's the good news and da bad news
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:28 am

As bad as they are at times...Ole Miss has 5 wins over #1 ranked teams (in at least one poll at time game was played) with 3 of them on the road! Seems to me from watching a bit, Ole Miss has the talent to be a really good team but they are so young and in experienced it's killing them. Attrition from draft and a couple quitters last 3 years has killed this roster!
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:33 am

I cannot understand how Vandy would lose a series to any SEC team. They have 5 players that are projected to be drafted in the first round of the MLB draft in June...FIVE.

I watched the first game of the series against OM and it looked like a Triple A baseball team playing against a Gulf South Conference team. Pretty amazing Bianco and crew found a way to win the next two. Cuddos to the Rebels.

As to LSU, there is some word circulating Baton Rouge that their freshman ace, Lange, is done for the season with a shoulder issue. If that is true, you can likely put a fork in LSU making it to Omaha.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:18 am

Sounds like its been a fun season for everybody...

The roller coaster ride that is State is driving me crazy. Start 13-0....lose the first few SEC series and a midweek here and there. Take 2 of 3 from USC...lose to a decent Memphis team but still should have won. Played okay against A&M and could have taken 2 of 3 from them if we get a bases loaded hit in the 9th on Friday. We'll see from here on out. Laster & Brown have been solid starters so far but after that its hit and miss. Why Tatum is still in the weekend rotation is beyond me. Hopefully Sexton pitches well enough to get back in the weekend rotation. Middle relief is shaky at best. As far as hitting, we're finally putting the bat on the ball some but still can't do it with people on base most of the time. Hopefully they'll get it back on track starting tonight. I would love nothing more than to take 2 of 3 from O'Sullivan and dem Gators this weekend. Might take a boat to get to Dudy Noble this weekend but that's always a fun series.
SHERMANATOR

Return to “Sports Forum”