Good Weekend of Baseball, Rebels

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Good Weekend of Baseball, Rebels

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:51 am

With the exception of yesterday, the games played between the LSU Tigers and the Ole Miss Rebels were very good, hard fought games. I think both teams will have big years. Moreover, I think Ole Miss will be a tough team to beat once some of their newer players get a little more experience under their belts. I don't think their current record is indicative of their potential.

Also, I think Sikes Orvis might be my favorite baseball player since I was a kid. Any fat guy, with a corner to corner mustache, and a swing out of the 1960s, that is that clutch has to be liked - no matter the team. He hit a ball yesterday that still has not landed and he also won the game for OM Saturday.
pondman
Duck South Addict

Re: Good Weekend of Baseball, Rebels

Postby pondman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:48 am

The Bears looked very good. So did LSU. MSU -- not so much. The inability to hit with RISP and a bullpen that is anemic at best. I see OM hosting a regional, LSU hosting a Super the mighty Bulldogs at home watching it all.
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:05 am

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:24 am

Ole Miss will be #3 seed on the road in regional play at very best.

If Brady Bramlett pitches like he did Saturday at LSU for the rest of the year, then maybe a #2 seed that is in conversation to host at end of the year, but I think even that is a stretch. Ole Miss is talented but young and they have some coming together to do offensively and they lack all the pieces in their pitching staff to be a serious contender. You see what they can do Saturday against LSU, but then you see what they are often doing Friday and Sunday. #1 Florida rolls into Oxford this weekend as well...
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:46 am

ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:49 am

our pitching for sunday's is horrendous. and unless we can get better at quality AB with RISP then i agree with cam.. 3 seed at best

Return to “Sports Forum”