worth 30 minutes of your time...

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

worth 30 minutes of your time...

Postby camlock » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:17 pm

even if you don't like Ole Miss and/or Hugh Freeze...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuzluOWva88
hdforester
Veteran

Re: worth 30 minutes of your time...

Postby hdforester » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Give me the cliff notes version. Sorry, definitely not worth 30 minutes of my time.
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:51 am

As a lifelong State fan it was worth every minute of my time. If one of my two boys was talented enough to play in the SEC I would be pushing UM and it doesn't really have anything to do with football. That man has impressed me every time I have heard him open his mouth!
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:14 am

Without watching it, Ill offer this. When people in visible positions are overtly religious, their motives can be assessed by asking, "are they using their position to advance their religion, or using their religion to advance their position."

When a coach tells a recruit he fears for his soul if he signs with another school, it points to the latter. There are enough examples for me to make a call. Slandering others for being less "holy" is not a trait of a pious man. My opinion is no more correct than the next guy's, but Freeze seems like a Jimmy Swaggert clone to me.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:49 am

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:00 pm

I'd like to disclaim my post before anyone else chimes in...

DISCLAIMER...as a christian man who likes sports, it's a great watch. If you think this has anything to do with Ole Miss and MSU, it doesn't. Move along, if you believe in motivation and inspiration from godly men, it's Hugh Freeze speaking in front of a church. It's not about his role as OLE MISS football coach, it's about how he perceives god works in everyone life for a purpose and somewhat of his testimony. A man to go from where he did to a SEC head football coach is amazing and as a christian points to divine intervention and talks about divine mentorship. He talks about that...it's very interesting. I didn't post this as an Ole Miss fan but I thought sports fan would find it interesting. You missing the point if you wanna further an anti Freeze agenda b/c you don't like Ole Miss. As a christian, I've been very inspired by plenty of people I don't believe to be godly or totally forthright, so that isn't the point at all.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Freeze should tweet some Bible verses about respecting others' opinions and laying off personal attacks.

And how do you know of what I speak is not true or very exaggerated?
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Well I enjoyed watching it. I think what stood out to me was that his message was about using your platform no matter how big or small. I took an application away from it and am planning on downloading the devotional he spoke about. I am an ole miss fan no doubt but his did very little to pump up UM because that's not what he was there for. I will show it to my son and because he can relate to freeze as a public figure he will most likely listen a little closer and perhaps learn to use his own little platform for his Christian beliefs. Cam, I appreciate you sharing this link.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:31 pm

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:25 pm

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:20 am

I watched it & to be honest, I think the man is legit.
Now if stang's accusations are factual, CHF has me fooled.
I also watched his first speech @ UM & said if he doesn't make it as a head ball coach, he'd make a great Southern Baptist preacher. Again, I could be wrong, but he's no swaggert in my opinion.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
lilham
Veteran

Postby lilham » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Religion aside...because who knows what is actually in someone's heart....I know several recruits that have personally spoken with Freeze. Some have gone to Ole Miss and some have not. Both sides speak highly of him. I know a former Ole Miss player that was dismissed from team that Coach Freeze still calls to check on. I know another recruit that Coach Freeze actually called another Coach and said we don't have a spot for him. but you might want to check him out. The recruit got a scholarship from that school. I think he cares.

The "Play for Love of your teammate, not hate of the other team" is still my favorite speech.
"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Sports Forum”