Weekend baseball

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

pondman
Duck South Addict

Weekend baseball

Postby pondman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:20 am

I know its reeeallly earlier in the season, but did anyone see anything in the weekend games that made them more optimistic, pessimistic? Increase expectations? Did anyone notice a difference due to the new baseball?

I was impressed with the MSU offense. Hopefully it will continue, I doubt it.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Re: Weekend baseball

Postby SWAG » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 am

I do think these new baseballs are going to fly a little farther. Although the temps were nice at DNF on Saturday, it was still chilly for baseballs to be flying out of there.
Are we gonna get wet?
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:49 am

A lot of those runs were accounted to freshmen pitchers from Cincy and Miami OH. I do see us being a better hitting team, but the rotation needs to get straightened out pretty soon. Ross needs to stay in the bullpen.
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:28 pm

I agree the offense was helped by weak pitching. BUT, I can't recall the Bulldogs hitting like that for a 4 game stretch in a number years. Additionally, the hitting was timely. Last year they could not buy a hit when they really needed one. As for pitching, I believe that will get sorted out with time. Early season cold weather games are always tough on pitchers.

Reb fans where are you? From what I hear there were no surprises. Everything was as predicted. Any thoughts?

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 pm

They lost to William & Mary. They're being quiet for now. :lol:
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:43 pm

I find it hard to believe they are in a bunker over that lose. Its early season and its baseball -- anything can happen. I did not keep up with any of the OM games and would like to hear thoughts from from a Bear fan.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:02 pm

LSU just lost to Nicholls St tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Sports Forum”