Chad Kelly

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Re: Chad Kelly

Postby eSJay » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:42 am

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:16 am

bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:42 am

I think where Freeze has a problem and where his faith at times does not look genuine is the fact that he attaches a condition to what players he is willing to help/forgive. They must be a star football player that can help his team win. He don't seem willing to take a chance on a one star player that needs a Christian influence in his life.

For the record I believe there are some jobs/professions that are not good for Christians and college football coach is one of them. The college football world is just too dirty. I think if Freeze is genuine about his faith then at some point his faith will conflict with what he sees going on in college football and recruiting. He will either have to turn a blind eye or walk away. I honestly believe that good Christian coaches can have more of an influence on kids as a high school coach. This is just one man's humble opinion.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:06 am

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:16 am

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:38 am

hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:28 am

I think it's not our place to judge Freeze from a religious standpoint. Most people who openly call people hypocrites and throw stones live in a glass house as well. I think if he is a true Christian then he will pray about it and come to a decision in that manner, because regardless of his decision, if he is led to that decision through the Lord then it's the right decision no matter what we think or say about Freeze, Kelly, or any other coach or player. Remember often times the right decision religiously is often not the popular decision, or even smart by today's society standards.

On the Kelly young man (he is no kid, there are younger men leading our troops right now and I refuse to degrade them by calling them kids) he has some growing to do. He has shown very little maturity, and poor decision making throughout his career. Can't say whether or not he is right for the QB job, but if he keeps this up, no one will remember his name in 5 years, cause he just won't be able to make it in the real world if he is constantly fighting and such. If Freeze chooses to take him into the OM program then so be it, it's his decision to make. I'm not gonna say that he is a lesser man from a religious standpoint no matter what his decision, the Lord works in ways we do not understand most of the time and to be honest I don't think God cares one iota about college football, however he does care if we try to have a positive influence on young men, no matter their situation, good or bad.
work hard, play hard

Return to “Sports Forum”