Alabama vs. Ohio State - Sugar Bowl

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Alabama vs. Ohio State - Sugar Bowl

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Let's get the discussion going boys. How do they match up and how's it gonna shake out?
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Re: Alabama vs. Ohio State - Sugar Bowl

Postby hillhunter » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Me personally, I think it's gonna be pretty boring to watch in the second half. Close first quarter while Saban and Meyer play footsie to figure out each other's game plan, then Saban and Kiffin collaborate at the 1st quarter break and skull drag OSU with cooper burning their secondary and Yeldon running for a century in the first half. Least I hope that's the way it plays out.
work hard, play hard
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Me too, I feel a bit better about our not so stellar secondary with their 3rd string qb
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:22 pm

skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Urban will throw everything, including the kitchen sink at Saban.....and I think it will be close, maybe even through the 3rd qtr with Bama pulling ahead in the 4th for a 13-17 pt victory......Ohio State can put up points; just don't know if they have the depth to hang in there.

RTR!
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:19 pm

For the love of the sec please don't let us down bama!!!!!!!! I would love to see bama vs fl state but I figure Oregon is gonna shut them up real quick in the first game.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 am

There will be a day....
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Bama big over slowhio state. Urban remembers why he left the SEC in the first place. Now if Oregon and Bama wind up playing that may just be a heck of a game.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Finally bought my tickets today. We'll be headed that way Wednesday morning. We will be listening to the Ole Miss game on the drive down and should catch the State game after our arrival.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:55 am

Well done Urban, we'll done.

Lane Kiffin, you sir

SUCK!
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:16 am

SEC West stunk up the bowl season.....
Are we gonna get wet?
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:14 am

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:37 am

RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:58 pm

I certainly think that the head coach and both coordinators have plenty of responsibility to share. I singled out Kiffin, as I hate this pass happy offense.

Ole Kirby Smart's defense stunk it up and got 42 hung on em. tosu was able to convert 55.6% of their 3rd downs. So, we stopped them 44% of the time of 3rd down, which stinks. tosu also had the advantage in time of possession. Bama gave up way too many huge plays throughout the game. In the first quarter it all seemed as if it could be ok, as we gave up two big plays and then had awesome goal line stands. After that, tosu whipped us in the remaining three quarters. We have been weak all season on 3rd and long and it certainly showed Thursday night. Quite often, no one at home covering the qb on those plays. I don't know if it is poor play calling or simply bad execution by players.

Kiffin, lets just say that I was sickened by his hiring from the beginning. As stated, I am a smash mouth guy and want to see them establish the run to open up the pass, not attempt to establish the pass to open up the run. To start, keep in mind that 14 or our points were scored off turn overs by tosu. We were given great field position on those turn overs. We only had one complete offensive scoring drive in the first half. We converted on 15.4% of our third downs :shock: . That stat doesn't just stink, it sucks! When we were given the gift after the botched punt by tosu and had the ball 1st and 10 on their 25, I can' t for the life of me understand why you don't pound the rock and run it in from there. Hell, you averaged 5 yards per carry for the entire game. Derrick Henry ran for 7.3 yards per carry, why in the hell did you not give him the ball more than 13 freaking times. I know that Sims throwing interceptions is a bad decision by a player and not exactly Kiffin's fault, but damn man, run the dang ball!

I think Saban should right the ship and a few of em if not all should have their nuts kicked out their ear holes.

Here's some stats from years past

In 2009 we ran the ball 67.4% of the time and won a National Championship & Mark Ingram was the Heisman Trophy Winner.
In 2010 we ran the ball 56.3% of the time, we went 10-3 losing to South Carolina, LSU and Auburn.
In 2011 we ran the ball 58.7% of the time and won a National Championship.
In 2012 we ran the ball 63.4% of the time and won a National Championship.

In 2013 we ran the ball 55% of the time. We had a very successful season, but fell a bit short.
In 2014 we ran the ball 55% of the time. Again, we were SEC Champs and had a successful season, but came up short in the Sugar Bowl again.

Maybe these are minor statistical differences but I don't see it that way. So, in the recent National Championship years we have run the ball 63.1% of the time. Thats an average % and as you can see it has ranged from a high of 67.4% (with a Heisman winning running back) to a low of 58.7%. What seems to be clear to me is that 55% doesn't work. So the moral of the story is

RUN THE DANG BALL, PLEASE!
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Post the defensive PPG allowed during those same years. May shed some light.
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965

Return to “Sports Forum”