Oh my god ........

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Re: Oh my god ........

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:18 am

Looking at a five year plan on this. It would've been easier to do like LSU did, new stadium in a new location and build year around.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 am

Been going to Dudy Noble for 25+ years. Not a regular visitor to the LFL. Been out there eating with friends probably a couple of dozen times. Enjoy the game very much from where I sit. All of that being said, I do not want to see the LFL disappear and all that goes with it. It helped make Dudy Noble what it is today....not a place but an event....not always filled to capacity but the aurora is there each time....not always the leader in attendance but without a doubt has always had the biggest crowds ever. The LFL is a large part of what makes Starkville the #1 place to watch a college baseball game (not a biased statement but one backed up by many years of DN being voted just that by players, coaches, and fans). I see the pictures and it is a great vision. I can see so many things that will make it the best park in college baseball (as far as facilities) for years to come. But I also know it is already a very special place that is what it is because of the product on the field and the character of those watching. MSU baseball is not just a team, not just the place where they play, not just another college sports program. It is a sense of being part of something that is great and no one thing makes it that way. It is a sense of belonging to something that is permanent...strong past, strong present, strong future. Fans who have been there for years understand it. Players who come there hoping to play feel it and see it. Visiting teams are in awe of it. The LFL is not what makes DN such a special place, but it certainly is a vital organ.

Another note:
I do not like the artificial turfed area around home plate. I know all the positives for doing so but I do not like it. We are an ag and turf school...we can grow great grass.
Are we gonna get wet?
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:59 am

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:28 am

I wouldn't do a phase renovation. Build it all at once and roll with it. But with the current plan and location it'll have to be in phases.
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:33 am

In its current form, how did fans secure their spot for their rigs in the LFL?
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
donia
Duck South Addict

Oh my god ........

Postby donia » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:36 am

long waiting list for someone not to renew spot and turnover has been minute. not sure how much the contribution is to procure a spot, but the couple of spots that i know of that opened were absorbed by rig in front of (or behind) through a handshake agreement between old friends. they kept it in the original name...the remaining rig just pays the fee for both spots.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:14 am

I predict many copy-cats on the lofts idea. That is pretty amazing actually. I would have assumed that it would be illegal for a university to build and sell private residences on campus, i.e., state ground. Really interesting concept.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:49 am

sweet concept and will be a pretty awesome facility when it's all said and done. if i were a student i'd love to have lived in the outfield of our baseball stadium. that's the first i've seen of any pics, looks as if they've done a good job in trying to stay away from the minor league ball park feel and keep a college atmosphere. that will be a facility you guys will be proud of for many years to come..

on a side note, didn't lsu have some type of residence in the football stadium many many many years ago? seems like i remember someone telling me they lived there at one time
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:21 am

The old LSU baseball stadium had dorms running around it.
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Postby Northbigmuddy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:57 am

Looks jam up. It will be interesting to see how the implementation plays out. Part of me says they will hold strong on the "traditions", but they may do the chip away method over time.
USA Back to Back World War Champs
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:16 pm

Tiger stadium did have dorm rooms incorporated into the stadium at one time.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Sports Forum”