C.W.S.

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

C.W.S.

Postby ScottyLee » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:27 am

well it's a handful of days away now...

Bianco is stil "undecided" on who he throws game 1 against UVA. i think he will throw trent if that's the case. He's always been a fan of matchups.

on a side note. i feel like the winner of our game really has a chance to make some noise in the tournament.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Re: C.W.S.

Postby SWAG » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:26 am

You are right about the winner being in good shape going forward. I think UV may be the best team there. They are loaded and almost all of those guys are returning players from the team MSU faced in the Super Regional last year at their place. I saw disappointment on those kids faces last year, but I also so a very determined look. They can put pressure on a defense to make plays. Well coached and do not make errors. I think last year's Super was a very uncharacteristic series for them as they made some errors. That is just not who UV is most of the time. Rebel offense is potent and may can force some of those same type mistakes. Rebel bullpen is solid so you feel good if you are leading or only behind a run or two in late innings. If I remember correctly when UV beat Ole Miss in Super a few years back, the Cavaliers ran with ease on the Rebels. Not sure if they guessed right alot or figured out when pitcher was going to the plate with the ball or maybe even stole some signs....but they stole bases without any danger. Bianco looked sort of foolish it went on for so long. I can remember watching that on tv. I believe the Rebs were out coached some in that series, but do not believe that will be the case this time. You have good arms, potent bats, and a lot of confidence. The game is different than it was last time Rebs played them and those mistakes will not be made. CWS format is a lot easier on the bullpen with rest time in between games. It is a lot of luck involved if you advance. Any of the ace pitchers on these teams can shut a team out on a given day. Just have to hope yours are on the day they pitch. I think Rebs will lose, win, and then lose again just looking at bracket and teams with eye test....but anything can and will happen hahahaha.

Suprised there is so little Rebel CWS talk on this forum so far.....and Facebook too for that matter.
Are we gonna get wet?
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:33 am

Oh yea....almost forgot....Go Cavaliers!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Are we gonna get wet?
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Postby swamprooter » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:41 pm

"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Are we gonna get wet?
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Postby swamprooter » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:34 pm

I stand corrected

Correction Stitch and Swag know their caca!
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Swag knows his baseball. All of his baseball post throughout the years have been very informative. What is your prediction for Ole Miss in CWS, Swag?
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Where'd who go?
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:12 am

"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:47 am

severe weather expected saturday. be intresting to see if it pushes everything a day back. watch the weather and plan accordingly.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:17 am

Although an LSU guy, think Deltamud77 was predicting a UM win at ULL as well.

Just from the standings and polls and eye test of teams, I think Ole Miss loses one, wins one, and loses one; BUT anybody can win it if they get there cause that's just baseball.

There is going to be some pressure there that will make teams do things they do not normally do. The power Rebs have is going to be suppressed with good pitching and a ballpark that just does not let balls get out of it. Wind blowing out...you will see some HRs. Wind blowing in and it is almost impossible. Gappers and defensive mistakes from the other team is really the best offense you can have out there. MSU was built for Omaha last year....pitch to contact and play solid D while your offense plays station to station baseball. Give credit to UCLA...their coach played a strategy that no one really had thought of...they threw pitches UP to MSU batters and wind blew in both days of the NC....we showed alot of warning track power with the BBCOR bats and Ameritrade winds. That was sort of a gamble. Had MSU guys line drived some balls in the gaps instead of flyballs, we may have a NC right now. Overall though I think you give yourself the best chance of advancing by getting lots of innings out of your quality pitchers by pitching to contact, pitch #s by inning staying low, and playing great defense. There will be teams there disciplined enough to just not swing at that slider right off the plate. Have to throw it in there and let them hit it. Ground ball after ground ball after ground ball. If your pitcher does get one up then you got to have OFs who can run it down.
Are we gonna get wet?
DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:30 am

Heard the Omaha Rebs had some bats confiscated by NCAA officials

What's the deal??
Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:06 am

They had some nicks and dents. Allen and Orvis for sure lost theirs. Cohen had new Easton's waiting on them in Omaha last year. New bats, no issues.

It's really much ado about nothing. Hell Miss State's most memorable homerun ever came at the hands of a cracked bat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:00 pm

I like our chances of doing well in this thing.

I think we are playing with less pressure then the super. Deep pitching and a really fast outfield will be our keys to success.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Winds today @ Omaha, 35-45 mph.

Return to “Sports Forum”