Sabin may get his way

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

digger
Duck South Addict

Sabin may get his way

Postby digger » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:41 pm

The NCAA is looking to add a rule to slow down high speed offenses.The rule says an offense may not snap the ball in the first 10 seconds of the play clock in order to give the defense time to substatute.If the offense snaps the ball early it will be penilized 5yds for delay of game.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Re: Sabin may get his way

Postby webbmaster » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:50 am

Bama wins again!
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am

i think it doesn't matter either way. i know ole miss runs an uptempo offense and there are very few plays that are snapped with more than 30 seconds on the play clock. the 40 second play clock starts as soon as the previous play is whistled dead and not when the ball is set and the chains are ready for the next play correct??

also,

doesn't it eliminate defense substituitions to match an offense sub less the 30 second mark??
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:32 pm

Pussies.
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Inadequate teams found a way to even the playing field. Kudos to them. However, defense wins championships... Carry on.
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
digger
Duck South Addict

Postby digger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Instead of complaning about what the other team is doing adapt to what's happening.Get them big fat booty d linemen in better shape.I use Sabin as an example but he's not the only one I think his recruiting caught up to him.Why I think this is he has recruited for the type ball the SEC use to be,offense's that lined up and pounded the run game between the takels and pocket passers.The up tempo spread is fairly new to the SEC on the scale it is today we were for the most part a pound you league.I'm an Ole Miss fan and kinda like the up tempo but cuss them at times because they can't line up and play pound you ball.As happened numorious times this yr to the Reb's (they found out the hard way) when inside the 5 you gotta be able to line up and power the ball to the endzone.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:27 pm

webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:37 am

I like how people assume that Saban controls the NCAA and this proposed rule will pass as a result of his power.

I also like how people say that he can't "adapt" or "beat" the hurry-up offense. Did Alabama lose to Auburn this past year because they couldn't adapt to their offense? Pretty sure our offense lost that game. When you have the ball 3 times inside the 25 and come away with no points- any of which would have put the game away - then you lose. A fluke special teams play at the end didn't help either!

Every rule change in the last 20+ years has benefited the offense, now one proposed rule to "help" the defense and Nick Saban is more powerful than the devil (which we already knew).
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:08 am

Webbie is right. The only reason Saban was at the NCAA meeting was to make sure his biggest want in rule changes would get voted on. Saban is a big proponent of rule 18-24-301. This rule will make it illegal to return field goals if they fall short.

:wink: :wink: :wink: 8)
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:10 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:55 am

never gets old......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhXgoB ... sLNtp8DFQM
happy valentines day lil nickey
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
digger
Duck South Addict

Postby digger » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:39 pm

I don't think Sabin controls the NCAA,I do think he catching the flack because most folk's think he started the idea because of his comments last season on the subject.I also don't think the up tempo was the problem,instead it was the read option with a qb that could run instead of the old type SEC smash mouth offense that his D was built to stop.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 am

I really don't think it was either one. I think it was the fact that it's hard to motivate young men for three straight years of being almost perfect. A LOT of things have to go your way just to get to the big game, Auburn proved that this year, but for it to be that good for that long is almost impossible no matter how good of a coach you are. It looked to me that whosever fault it was, AL overlooked Auburn. Not saying it was the coaches but the whole world had been talking about how Bama was gonna hand it to Auburn, and I think the players had a bad game and probably had a little case of the big head. The QB did, the whole defense did, and the special teams did. None of them played to their potential in that game, or the Oklahoma game. You can't lay everything on the coaches no matter what team you pull for. Players have bad games and as a result often times coaches take the heat for it.
work hard, play hard
SNOT
Duck South Addict

Postby SNOT » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:20 am

Delta State's coach Todd Cooley aint happy with it---- :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjUp0EriD9k
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:02 pm

the first stats i've seen yet related to this new rule change.

http://cfbmatrix.com/2013-pace-play/

Return to “Sports Forum”