Betting

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Rice
Duck South Addict

Betting

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 am

I talk to some people on here about sports betting but just curious where most people do it. Online with a bookie ect? I have used Bovada and just was notified one of the checks from 1/2/13 (which said it deposited and cleared by roughly 1/5/13) isn't good and regions wouldn't tell me why. These aren't small checks either so now I am afraid I have about roughly $20,000 in bad checks. I need something that stuff like this won't happen. Scared some of these other checks will do the same as that last one. I just don't see how a check can be deposited and the money be in my account to use then 3 weeks later almost they deduct the money from my account.
A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: Betting

Postby deltadukman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:58 am

I would think a reputable company like Bovada wouldn't let that happen. Id be calling someone wanting answers! Sherman probably took it because "Hes better at life than you"!!!
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 pm

The more I read up on it odds are it's my bank not cashing it. The thing is they said it was good around 1/5/14 then 1/17/14 bam money not in my act. Made no sense to me. I don't think it was that money wasn't in bovadas act I am not sure what happened.
adame
Duck South Addict

Postby adame » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:20 pm

get rid of regions. You are in NYC, so you should be able to find a legit credit union that way you can gain more interest on your money.
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:08 pm

I have other banks here. I have to use regions with Bovada because they won't mail a check to a NY address.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Out of curiously do your checks come from somewhere like Thailand?
southernmallard
Duck South Addict

Postby southernmallard » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:10 pm

GRHRCH Hilltop's Peanut Butter Crackers MH QAA - "Nab"
Jackson's Record Chasing Redux - "Riley"

HAIL STATE
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:25 am

All over but mostly Canada.
woundedduck
Duck South Addict

Postby woundedduck » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:07 am

you have a pm
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:34 am

Yeah. TRUST the .net! :roll:
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:56 am

Was it a check or draft? A check is pay on demand while a draft is paid only after the maker authorizes the bank to pay the funds once the check is the issuing bank's possession.

In the future I would not write checks on funds for checks where immediate credit is given. For instance your employer writes you a check for work for $10, you take that $10 check to your bank which gives you immediate credit on those funds, A couple days later the check comes back to the bank as insufficient funds and the bank takes the money out of your account, but you have already written checks or withdrawn money on that deposit, doesn't matter because the bank gave you provisional credit. This is just a rough example.

There are a million and one things that could have happened for why the check came back to Regions as not good. Regions is going to say it's not their problem why the check is bad and that you need to deal with whoever wrote you the check. That person or company could have filed bankruptcy, had their assets frozen by court order, had their checking account offset by the bank for a debt that person or entity owed, had a garnishment filed and the funds are frozen, had an IRS or State tax lien levied against their funds, and on and on. If it's for gambling there's no telling and I can see how it would be very easy to get stuck with a check like that.

I would demand direct deposit for all funds. If someone writes you a check and you are concerned about the possibility that it will come back then ask your bank to put a Reg CC hold on the check and send it for collections. This means you will not get immediate access to your money for several days but when they do give you credit the check will have been paid and you won't be in this spot again.

If you have any specific questions just PM me. I did this chit for 20 years and can probably track down an answer for you. If the check came from Canada or the Caimans then I can see how it would take that long to get back to the bank. That's international banking and it has a whole other set of rules and regs.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:22 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:56 pm

"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
crenshawco
Regular

Postby crenshawco » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Get a local bookie and you want have this problem. I had a similar experience and quit the online crap

Return to “Sports Forum”