Official Egg Bowl Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Official Egg Bowl Prediction Thread

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:00 am

I went on record a few weeks ago and claimed that State would beat Ole Miss in this year's Egg Bowl. That prediction was predicated on two things: Home field and Dak Prescott. Only one of those two factors still remains. Moreover, not only is Prescott not playing, my understanding is neither is Russell. I would still like to be able to predict State is a close one, but it seems to be an impossibility at this point.

I think State probably keeps it close based strictly on emotion and a solid defense in the first half, but ends up getting the doors blown off in the second half when the defense gets gassed from being on the field so much due to ineffective offense and 3 and outs.

Ole Miss 38-10...
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Re: Official Egg Bowl Prediction Thread

Postby webbmaster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:14 am

I am guessing that since there are no games today and duck season is closed right now, we can respond to this?

MSU wins by 1. MSU lineman pulls Bo Wallaces hair and he cries. Tears cause poor vision and a pick six wins it.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:37 am

Mind says Rebels but heart says Bulldogs. I agree about Dak. We win with him at QB.
Are we gonna get wet?
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 am

Bar fight. Coaching decisions and special teams play will factor big regardless of which QB is able to go for MSU. Dak's running ability really gives the Dawgs an extra dimension; without him the Rebs win it unless they just don't show up at all.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:17 am

It all depends on which bulldog defense shows up. The D that played agains Alabama, or the D that played against Arkansas.

If it is the later, then the black bears will hand our @$$ to us on a platter and leave Starkville crying in their wake. If the defense
that held Alabama to 20 points (should have been less) shows up, then we will win by the skin of our teeth. If MSU is relying on the
3rd string QB to win this game, the D better step up or it will get ugly really fast.

As bad as I hate to make this prediction, Ole Miss beats us by 10.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:38 pm

I think States defense can keep them in this game if the offense can help them out and keep them from getting tired. Ole Miss has been streaky this year and I am sure they will come into this game ready to play. Third string QB leads to a double digit win for the rebels. If it is a close game the advantage goes to ole miss since state seems to have the worst kicker in football.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:45 pm

I would like State to win, but not sure it's in the cards this year. With our 3 rd team QB in who shows promise for the future, he just isn't ready for this stage I don't think. Hopefully our defense will keep us in it and we can use Robinson to run the ball as he did Saturday to keep Ole Miss's offense off the field and our defense rested. However their WRs are gonna be tough for our DBS to handle, which I really think will be the difference more than our lack of offense. I think State keeps it close for a while, but Ole Miss will eventually pull away. Meanwhile, I will pray that I am wrong.
work hard, play hard
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:56 pm

I haven't seen anything all season that would lead me to believe State will be competitive in this game.

True Freshmen QB in his 2nd start? I hope I'm drunk before kickoff.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Once in the not too distant past there was a seldom used back up QB that started against a heavily favored Mississippi team....
stitch
Duck South Addict

Postby stitch » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Bulldogs beat the Rebels with Presscott........don't have a chance with a true freshman QB that has only taken 11 snaps this season
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Definitely should put a asterisk out beside the W if Ole Miss wins.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:19 am

I do not see a blowout either way. I think MSU can win this game easily with so much on the line and home field advantage. Another reason, in the past, Ole Miss has always had the knack of making a new QB look like an All-American.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Nitro Mag
Veteran

Postby Nitro Mag » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:36 pm

From what I am hearing I think Russell plays, but I think State can win with the freshman. They will have to play excellent defense and get some turnovers and not turn the ball over on offense. I think State comes out fired up and wins by a couple of tds. I know I need to take the maroon glasses off most likely but vegas thinks we have a chance with the bears only favored by 3.
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:48 pm

35-7 Rebels
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....

Return to “Sports Forum”