Perspective

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

stang67
Duck South Addict

Perspective

Postby stang67 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 pm

The worst MSU team of my lifetime (and one of the worst in SEC history) just beat the most optimistic team of AK's career.

I'm not so sure the reason for the optimism wasn't largely based on MSU being atrocious this year and the Bears penciling in 2 more wins than usual.

Thoughts? How long does AK keep his job?
Last edited by stang67 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Re: Perspective

Postby champcaller » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:29 pm

this is what i've been saying all along why AK needs to be fired. this is what we are with AK, a 20 win NIT team more times than not. i know a lot of teams may be satisfied with that, but bottom line is the success of your program is based on if you make it to the tourney. it is obvious he can't get us there; too much talent and too little coaching.

i'm sure AK won't be fired until after a long next season. new AD won't let him go his first year, but then again that's just my prediction.

we don't deserve to make the tournament nor do i think we will.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 pm

This is OUR sport.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:43 pm

AK's gone. Pencil it in.

Embarrassing loss. No excuse.

New AD will make a change. His first statement hire.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm

I just don't see the talent on the Ole Miss team. Henderson does not play much defense and all he does on offense is run off screens and shoot long 3's. He is not gonna dribble drive and get others involved. If he gets his hands on the ball he is gonna shoot it, open or not. If he is hot then it works. If, not then you get beat by literally the worst team in the country. I guess you could blame it on AK.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Henderson is just one player. Most of the time, he will shoot a high percentage of his shots. And he is pretty much automatic from the free throw line --- foul him and it's two points. But, we should not be in a position where we lose if he has an off night.

I think we have the talent to be an NCAA tourney team. But, if we are not, then whose fault is it? The head coach. He has now been at Ole Miss for 7 years. He has proven that he can win 75% of his non conference patsy schedule and 50% of his conference games ---approx 20 wins per season --- every year. This is only good enough for the NIT. We have gone as far as we can go with AK. And that is not enough. It's time for a fresh start with a new coach. Today's loss to MSU just made it a easier decision.

I hate it for Andy Kennedy. I was pulling for him to make it to the NCAA tourney this season, and remain our head coach going into our first season in the new basketball arena to be built starting next fall. But, this loss today pretty much took us out of NCAA tourney consideration ( unless we were to win the SEC tournament --very doubtful). And after 7 years at UM, it was time for AK to get us to the tournament. The fan support for the program will take a huge drop if a change is not made at this point.

We gave him more than a fair chance to succeed. It is clear that we he can not get us to the next level. It's time to move on. Per my inside sources, a change will be made. I don't disagree. I just hope we make a good hire.

Btw: I do not mean to demean MSU by my comments. I think MSU will have a good team in the future, because they have a good coach. There was maybe one player on the court for MSU who would have started for the Rebs, and yet they outplayed us and won the game. Rick Ray can coach and is getting a lot out of what he has on this MSU team -- 6 scholarship players and some walkons. Once he has more talent, MSU will be in good hands.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 pm

What in the world was hendersons numbers tonight???. Atrocious!!!!! Worst performance ever. Like a rebel fan said "heck we love him about 40 percent of the time" ! And a state team that barely broke 30pts in at least 2 games one of which was at home to vandy. This was the worst loss of Kennedy's career and he will soon be on his way out. Even sport enter said it was the biggest upset of the sec so far.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 am

Can u say Michael white
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:41 am

I think the win was awesome. I really enjoyed it and felt like those people deserved what they got. I'm sure Andy Kennedy got drunk and took out his frustrations on an Arab cab driver afterwards. I didn't hear if Henderson ran his mouth after that game or not, but I kind of doubt it.
stitch
Duck South Addict

Postby stitch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 am

1-I don't think the Rebels have as much talent as they think they have.
2-I think Kennedy is doing a decent job bringing in what talent he has, considering the dumpy facilities. You need to give him a couple of years in the new facility. If you do fire him, he will go somewhere else and be successful........watch and see
3-Besides.....you can't fire him because if you do, it will be an international incident.
billyho
Veteran

Postby billyho » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 am

1. The rebels do have talent, just a team that isn't coached well enough to know how to use the talent
They have.
2. Rather have "dumpy" facilities and full seats than "top notch" facilities and empty seats.
3. "Our sport"?.... That's hilarious. MSU simply out played and out hustled rebels the whole game, I'd
Be the first to admit that.
4. Henderson did do plenty of talking yesterday if you noticed, although most of his words were spoken
To himself ! Maybe he was saying "I can't hit the ocean today, maybe I should try to feed my big
Men down low... Wonder why AK isn't telling us that during a TO?"
5. In my opinion AK should go.... But according to my inside sources it's not gonna happen.
6. Horrible loss yesterday we don't deserve to make tourney and even if we do its one and done.
7. Hey STITCH..... Can we just talk about BOOBIES again?
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 am

i honestly don't want michael white, and i still don't think AK is gone, UNLESS it holds up fundraising or some garbage like that. I just honestly don't believe the rebels get their top candidates for the job if/when AK is fired. and to think i almost drove to starkville to watch that damn game. glad i didn't...
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:40 am

deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Postby swamprooter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 pm

I don't think our basketball program is worth the buy out$$ plus the hire in $$. i say let him continue to coach at the sad pad until the full 150 mill is raised for the campaign.
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson

Return to “Sports Forum”