Freeze - Best Recruiter In Nation

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Freeze - Best Recruiter In Nation

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 am

Heard Ole Miss is gonna land as many as six or seven 5 star recruits. I would think that to be one of the best recruiting classes in history. Pretty dang impressive, especially after winning only 7 games a year ago.
merlebo05
Duck South Addict

Re: Freeze - Best Recruiter In Nation

Postby merlebo05 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:54 am

Only Alabama can get away with buying those kinds of recruits!!!
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Where'd who go?
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:35 pm

wait till ink hits paper, and these kids are actually enrolled AND eligible before we start giving out awards such as this...

and yes i sent an extra 100 bucks in for the chris jones slush fund as well. cheers to flipping a few more great prospects.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:34 am

4Dawgma, he who laughs last, usually gets to laugh the hardest.

:wink:
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
adame
Duck South Addict

Postby adame » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 am

bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 am

Would like to know if the Rebel fans on here agree with the following statement by Freeze? Particularly the bold part. Do you agree with that? Don't care to argue or discuss the cheating alligations but do you agree with the part in bold? Do you agree with Freeze's belief that God showed favor to Ole Miss? Yes or no?

Freeze swears all those who whisper of wrongdoing are liars. "They have no clue that there's a plan -- and we have some luck," Freeze said. "I say it's God's favor, we had a really good plan, we're selling a really good vision and we have some luck."
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 am

I don't think that quote came from Freeze, It looks like a word for word quote by a fan made to a online publication.

As far as being in God's favor, yes I believe it. Freeze is not just a religous man, he lives what he preaches. He is a faithful man.

The better question would be, and not just with Freeze, why would we question God showing favor to anybody that is faithful and loves him?
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am

DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 pm

God has nothing to do with football. OM is not the "choosen school".

This reminds me of a good quote from the Christmas Vacation - Audrey: "He worked really hard, grandpa..." - Grandpa: "So do washing machines."

How come Nutt has gotton no credit for siging the little brother. There is your "natural in" right there. Sounds like momma was going to have both of her boys at the same place so where ever little brother went, big bro comes. Looks like Nutt should be getting some love for the vision to see this. Bush put the plans together to find Bin laden, Obama happen to be in office when bin laden was found and took the credit. Same with Freeze. Nutt started this a few years ago and Freeze happen to be caught inthe perfect storm to get him.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Example from my own life:

I am the biggest sinner in the world, but I am a Christian. I own a guide service in the delta and have done so for 14 years and try my best to use my guide service as tool to glorify God and be a witness of my salvation through his son Jesus. Through the bad and good in hunting I give God the glory, but there are times in my guide service I know it can't be anything but being in God's favour or divine intervention. There are a lot of times when we go out and you have talked to all your buddies and they aren't killing anything, Fighting bayou isn't killing anything, you and your guides don't see anything scouting the day before, but the guys you guide go out and they limit out. Why? I think because of God'd favour. Why sometimes I ask? I know there isn't but one that is control of the ducks and there are a lot of days we aren't supposed to kill ducks. A few of them we don't, but most we do. Not only because of prayer for a successful hunt or giving him the glory through the good and bad hunts, but also he is being glorified through those ducks and by me telling this story of his divine intervention.

Col. 3:17 – “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of
the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

Will Hugh Freeze continue in God's favour? Who knows, but in the bible all great Christian men went through tough times. God was glorified through both.
Last edited by mossyisland on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Giving thanks to God for your own good fortune is not the same thing as saying that God favors you over others. I don't think Hugh Freeze ever said or intended to say that God favors Ole Miss over any other school, or him over any other coach. That is ridiculous.

Some of you are grasping at straws in order to criticize Hugh Freeze. No person is perfect. And Freeze probably already has and will continue to do things for which he can be legitimately criticized. But, IMO, this ain't one of them. We all fall short in the eyes of God.

There is an irrational segment of the MSU fanbase whose meme seems to be "Hugh Freeze is a hypocrite", because he often publicly invokes the name of God and gives thanks to God for his blessings. And anything this group can conjure up or find that flys in the face of what a true Christian would do in all circumstances is used by them to attack him.

We've all seen and witnessed a similar situation in the criticism of Tim Tebow.

There are some sick puppies out there.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Another example: I had a couple of Christian All Pro NFL players hunting with me this past year. They had more knowledge in the tip of their left pinky finger than I knew overall about football. The subject of Tim Tebow came up. Speaking on Tebow from their knowledge of football, they said it could not be anything but God's favour or divine intervention to watch what happened last year in Denver. It would take me forever to explain all the reasons why. It was all very interesting.

So yes I think God uses Christian NFL players to glorify him through football and bring others to know his Son, Jesus. How many people looked up the verse John 3:16 when Tebow had it on his eyes? It trended on Twitter and Google for a couple days.

But to the real question, Does God favour those that are faithful in no matter what they are doing? Yes, The Bible backs it up with verses and stories from beginning to end.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Last post!

Is Ole Miss's football team the chosen school or was Denver last year? No, They just happened to be under the control of one of God's chosen.

Was Egypt God's chosen country in Genesis? No, It found God's favor because it had one of God's chosen in charge. During some of the toughest times on the earth God put Joseph second in charge in Egypt. Joseph was faithful and because of his faithfulness, Egypt received blessings.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:17 pm

wow... can you say derailed...

Return to “Sports Forum”