Honey badger going pro

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Honey badger going pro

Postby RedEyed Duck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Former LSU defensive back Tyrann Mathieu announced Thursday he is entering the next NFL draft.

In a statement announcing his decision, Mathieu said, "it is time for me to move forward."

Mathieu thanked his parents and coach Les Miles in his statement, as well as his former LSU teammates.

"I am sorry that I was not able to complete my journey at LSU, but I will always support LSU in any way I can. To my teammates, you are my brothers. You have kept me going. I will do my best to make you all proud of me," he said.

Mathieu, known as the "Honey Badger," was a Heisman Trophy finalist known for his knack for making plays last year. But the 20-year-old Mathieu was suspended for this season due to a substance abuse issue he has continued to work on.

Mathieu was arrested last month on a possession of marijuana charge. He also was dismissed from the football team in August for failing a drug test and entered a treatment program run by former NBA player John Lucas.

Instead of transferring to another lower-division school to play this season, Mathieu re-enrolled at LSU but is not playing football.

Mathieu thanked LSU fans for their continued support and said he was working on his personal problems.

"I am committed to tackling my personal issues and will work to better myself every day as a man first and only then as a football player. I will always consider myself an LSU Tiger," he said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: Honey badger going pro

Postby mshunter77 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

No surprise there, i think he pretty much had no other options. I am sure someone will use a late round pick on him.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:23 pm

He could be an Ed Reed clone if he could screw his head on straight. Sadly, there is no reason to believe that will happen.
CBRADGO
Veteran

Postby CBRADGO » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Would it be the epitome of irony if he goes to Denver or Seattle? :lol:
fieldt76
Veteran

Postby fieldt76 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Maybe he can get a job as Brent Musburger's personal assistant.

Anyone ever played the Brent Musburger drinking game? Here are the rules:

http://benmaller.com/2011/01/brent-musburger-drinking-game/

I think last year's "The Major" was "The Honeybadger". Anyone playing this game during the national title game last season would have been snockered before the end of the first quarter. :lol:
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Return to “Sports Forum”