Bo Wallace won the Connerly trophy...

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Bo Wallace won the Connerly trophy...

Postby camlock » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 pm

for what it's worth...sure Banks was excited...I fully expected Banks to win it. Possible 1st round and senior that's been nationally recognized at his position, really thought he'd win it.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Re: Bo Wallace won the Connerly trophy...

Postby ScottyLee » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Ole bo lit banks up one more time.... First ole miss player to win it in like 6 years i think...
hatchdaddy
Veteran

Postby hatchdaddy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 pm

The Conerly Trophy lost all merit tonight.
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, and his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.” Anonymous
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 pm

How did Moncrief not win it?
Double Reed
Regular

Postby Double Reed » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm

hatchdaddy
Veteran

Postby hatchdaddy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, and his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.” Anonymous
olemissduckhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby olemissduckhunter » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 pm

OM nominated Bo and not Moncrief, so he was not up for the award. I agree that Moncrief should have been nominated over Bo....but that does not change the fact that Banks is quite possibly one of the most overrated players in the SEC........Torched by every team with a winning record.....except for MTSU. With that being said...I also fully expected Banks to win it.
Pete Hotard

"T.J, Do you enjoy your manhood being called into question every five minutes?" -Teul2
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 am

This is an abomination. The Connerly Trophy has lost all credibility
adame
Duck South Addict

Postby adame » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:25 am

billyho
Veteran

Postby billyho » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:52 am

"Wallace, who has led the Rebels to a 6-6 record this year and their first bowl berth since 2009, passed for 2,843 yards with 19 touchdowns, ran for another 363 yards and eight touchdowns and scored a touchdown on a 25-yard pass reception while logging a cumulative 144.20 quarterback rating this year, one of the best in the SEC and among the top 40 in the nation. Wallace started every game for Ole Miss this year, and his 3,206 total offensive yards make him only the second player in school history to eclipse 3,000 yards in a season behind Eli Manning, who reached that total twice during his Ole Miss career. Wallace's eight rushing touchdowns are the most by a Rebel QB since Eli's father, Archie, in 1969. "............
Come on now, it's not like he was horrible! Mistakes? Yes absolutely that was obvious in state game. But the facts speak for themselves.....
hatchdaddy
Veteran

Postby hatchdaddy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:39 am

^^^^^^^^
No where in your facts were his 16 interceptions

How many did Eli throw then?
hatchdaddy
Veteran

Postby hatchdaddy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 am

thats not true at all the only two games he actually got torched were bamer and om. so i see your just making things [/quote]

I didn't get to see much of the game but according to a coach, he said state played zone and when people talk about banks getting touched he wasn't even covering Moncreif but having to come to try and stop the pass. Not sure. Did banks play man up with Moncreif?
hotty toddy
Duck South Addict

Postby hotty toddy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 am

Since the trophy has now lost all credibility :roll:, I have one question. Does Wallace have the worst stats and resume of anyone who ever won the trophy?

I haven't researched it but I bet Davis had similar numbers last year (maybe fewer int's). I bet there are others that have won with one stat category or more that was not outstanding.

Saying that all credibility is gone from the award sounds a little like sour grapes.
BE STILL, HERE THEY COME, BE STILL!!!!!!!!!!!

"Yeah, I got TP..........2 dollars a square"
OBoykin
Regular

Postby OBoykin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:32 am

Wallace didn't pad his resume' with seven CREAMPUFFS in a row. Feed Moncrief.
billyho
Veteran

Postby billyho » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 am

Return to “Sports Forum”