Miss St. vs. BAMA

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

hottytoddy
Veteran

Miss St. vs. BAMA

Postby hottytoddy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:59 pm

I look for MSU to stack the box against the run and make McCarron try to beat them with the pass. Banks and Co. to play man up Defense, as he is one of the best at what he does. I just have a feeling that this game will be close late in the 4th quarter.
"You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shat"
litlhitch
Veteran

Re: Miss St. vs. BAMA

Postby litlhitch » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:42 am

Could be a close one and I hope it is, but Bama went into Tennessee and handled them easily. Tennessee came into a hostile Starkville and scared us. If you look at those two facts, it looks a little scary.

On another note. If there ever was a delusional fanbase, I think it is the Arkansas Razorback fanbase. Because I live in Arkansas, if I want to listen to a sports radio show, I have to hear all this Razorback caca. Before the season, they had a call in about what their record was going to be and not a single person said less than 9 wins and they all said they would not accept anything less than 9 wins. What a dissapointing season for the hogs. I hope the Webels bury the hogs!!
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:45 am

I'm pretty confident McCarron and crew will be up to the challenge. :)
scott j
Veteran

Postby scott j » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Im very proud of my second team The Dawgs ! Good luck ! I think its going to be a nail biter for sure!!!! :)
DoubleBandMS
Veteran

Postby DoubleBandMS » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Line came out this afternoon Bama -24. Thoughts? Comments? Misprint?
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:52 pm

MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:09 pm

The Good News
We got nothin to lose. No one expects anybody to play bama at 8pm in Ttown and walk away with a W.

The Bad News
Vegas is usually pretty good at callin the scores.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:58 pm

What's it gonna take for state to win? What are y'all's keys to victory, other than BAMA having a bad night
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:14 am

The usual, winning the turnover game, solid run D. I think most importantly a decent ground game with some big plays down the field. I've never had more confidence in a group of WRs, but if Russell is on his back he won't be able to complete passes.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 am

I state State forces Alabama to keep the ball in the air and let out DB's go to work. O-line will have to be as solid as they have ever been though.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:02 pm

State would probably lose 9 out of 10 games against this Bama team in Tuscaloosa. I firmly believe, as I have stated since before the season, that this is one of the best teams Bama has ever fielded. The reason...they are a team - comprised of amazing athletes but no real superstars.

That being said, State may also have their best team ever. They are undefeated and really have not been challenged IMO. They have the athletes to match up on the secondary. They have the skill players to compete on both sides of the ball.

The difference in this game is going to be Bama's home field advantage and their offensive line...which is the best I have ever seen, all things considered. I think this will be a touchdown game at the start of the 4th quarter. I think Bama will win by around the current spread by the end of the game. I am gonna say Bama wins 34-17.

If State has any chance to win, they will have to win the turnover battle by +2 and will have to turn those turnovers into TDs...not FGs.
Bourbon
Duck South Addict

Postby Bourbon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:12 pm

I agree with Mud. Something I hadn't realized was the SEC teams State has beaten are 0-14 in conference play. Does this mean the Dawgs aren't tested? Or have they just not played anybody? State definitely has the talent and coaching to run with the big dawgs (pardon the pun). But other than Michigan, who has Bama beaten?

I don't know what that exactly means, but I think the Dawgs will at least keep it close if they can reduce their turnovers and create/score off any Bama turnover.

Hoping for a great game.
GEAUX TIGERS
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:44 pm

MSU's current strength of schedule is 117th out of 124 teams. Can only get better from here on out.
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
bhuggins
Veteran

Postby bhuggins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:25 pm

I don't think State can match up with Alabama on the offensive or defensive line. Unfortunately this is where we will lose the game. Now if Alabama makes a few mistakes and we force some turnovers then it may be a different story. I think we keep it close until halftime or maybe into the 3rd quarter but after that strength wins and they pound the ball like they have against everyone else.

I don't see a 23 1/2 pt victory for Alabama but a loss is a loss. State will be 7-1 afterwards and beat up going into the A&M game. Hopefully I'm just overly pessimistic.

Return to “Sports Forum”