Freeze - Best Recruiter In Nation

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Re: Freeze - Best Recruiter In Nation

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:56 pm

We can agree to disagree. Does he use key people to play important roles for his kingdom, no question he does. Tebow being the most popular of the bunch. I did not mean to pull the conversation this way nor did I intend to direct anything at anyone. I apologize if it appeared that way.

Freeze could be the next Alabama Bear at Ole Miss and win championship after Championship but he has not been in the game long enough for the jury to be out to claim him as "best recruiter in the nation". Many things lined up for him (big brother coming to OM) for him to pick up some great players. OM built great momentum last year and it has continued into the recruiting. I look forward to the battles of the Golden Egg as bother teams seem to be gaining or maintaining momentom. Watching a 3-7 om team play a 4-8 MS State does not have the same bite as say a 7-4 or 8-3 team play each other.

OM won this battle, the war comes every November. Both teams will prepare their troops for battle.
stitch
Duck South Addict

Postby stitch » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:43 pm

The more I look at the situation, the more I listen to Hugh Freeze talk........I believe Hugh freeze is EVERYTHING he says he is......originally thought he was a hypocrite, my appologies to the man and the Rebel fan base for saying such. The more I evaluate what he says, I firmly believe every word he says........I honestly mean that!

On the other hand, I think he is oblivious to all the "stuff" happening around him......so was he brought in to be a puppet for the "old regeme" and has the admistration of athletics really changed?.........just something to discuss / think about. I never though about it until a Rebel friend of mine brought it up.......

Again, I honestly and sincerely believe / come ot the conclusion that Hugh is everything he says he is......
SNOT
Duck South Addict

Postby SNOT » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:13 pm

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:21 am

I am a Christian and I will say that I find it a little unsettling when coaches use God as the recruiting tool of choice (ala Chizik and Freeze). I think it is perfectly permissible to be honest that faith plays an important role in your life. I think it is good when coaches provide the opportunity for the team to go to church together, to have Bible studies, to be in FCA, etc. However, it is hypocritical to use the God talk in front of mama and then surround the recruits with white womenz when they get on campus. I know Chizik did it and I have heard that Freeze does the same.

This tactic ultimately blew up in Chizik's face and made him look foolish (in insinuating that God was pulling the strings for Auburn).

I hope that Freeze is what he is making himself out to be...but I will remain skeptical until I have more time to evaluate the man and his program and the actions of the players in that program.
DoubleBandMS
Veteran

Postby DoubleBandMS » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Uhhhh, Ole Miss has a student body full of beautiful women, including white, black, asian, etc. If the recruits sign with Ole Miss and thereafter become students at Ole Miss, they will be "surrounded by white womenz" and other women as well on campus, in classes, on the Square, etc.

When the recruits come to visit Ole Miss, just as any other prospective student, they have an opportunity to visit the Oxford Square, which on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights is packed with Ole Miss students, including lots of beautiful "white womenz" and other beautiful women. The Square has several bars popular with the students, including the Library, City Grocery, Proud Larry's, etc etc.

Some of you, perhaps due to a generational gap, or because you don't get out much, are way behind the times. The Library, for instance, is nothing like anything I have ever seen. It is such a popular place for students to hang out and be seen, that this place charges $10 cover at the door and there is no live band, only a dj. For folks my age, try to imagine the Warehouse and Gin crowds combined, and then you will start to get close to understanding the large party that is going on there every Friday and Saturday night. And for those paying attention, there are both white and black students there together having fun. It's not a special event. It's not contrived. This is the norm.

So, when our recruits come to visit, and they check out the scene on the Square, and the Grove on game days, many are blown away by the experience. What are we supposed to do? Hide our fine women from the recruits?

College football recruits are not only football players, they are also human. They are drawn to the same type of things other students are drawn by --- an opportunity to get a good education AND have some fun. All we have to do is get the recruits to visit. Ole Miss and Oxford sells itself.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:34 pm

You boys need to lighten up. Listen, if you are gonna run with the big boys, be ready to take the criticism that comes with it...baseless or not. Getting your panties in a wad is like shooting fish in a barrel right now. :lol:

All college programs assign female tour guides to games and around campus during the season when they cannot be assigned to players that are playing the game.

I am only saying that seems, IMO, to run contrary to the Christian rhetoric we see with Freeze. I say rhetoric because I have been burned in the past by coaches that claim to be Christians that ultimately act very different, circumstance dependent...Croom, Bobby Bowden and Chizik come immediately to mind.

It is one thing to say it, it is another to live it. Anyone who claims they know for a fact that Freeze is in fact different from the aforementioned men is either God himself or lying.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:53 pm

No, the insinuation of many seems to be that if a white woman is seen socializing with , hugging on, etc, any of our black recruits, that they must be some type of paid hostess, whore, or whatever other derogatory term one wants to conjure. That type of thought is not only racist , but reflects a disconnect by those throwing out the slander. It's a new day at Ole Miss. Times have changed. Some of you need to get out more.

I don't have my panties in a wad. The only ones who do seem to be the fans of schools who lost out on top recruits to Ole Miss. And the ignorance displayed by many of them when trying to rationalize what just happened is staggering.

Oh well. I know it's new and will take some getting used to. I won't be responding to any more of these type comments. I'll just be laughing at the ignorance of the posters making the comments.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
DoubleBandMS
Veteran

Postby DoubleBandMS » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Double post sorry. Have fun.
Last edited by DoubleBandMS on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleBandMS
Veteran

Postby DoubleBandMS » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:06 pm

webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Laid, paid and saved.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor