SEC Coaching Vacancies

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

big gumbo
Duck South Addict

SEC Coaching Vacancies

Postby big gumbo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Vandy is out of the gate according to many, looking for a new HC. Read where they fancy one of Acadamy's OC and his triple option. Oh Joy.

Is Nutt safe? Remember it's been 50.....50 years. Lots of wildreble rumors out there.

Will Malzahn seek a HC gig? Will something come from all the smoke on the plains?

Mullen going to get a pay bump?

Richt seems safe

LSU still stuck with The Hat.
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Re: SEC Coaching Vacancies

Postby Jeff » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Maybe LSU isn't stuck with the hat but we want him as a coach. I realize that is a difficult idea for you to grasp with your love affair with Nutt and all. Lately seems like Miles is right up there with Nutt and your lovefests.
Nitro Mag
Veteran

Postby Nitro Mag » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Word on the street is Nutt is Colorada bound.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:46 pm

The Miama job opening up will pull a named coach from somewhere.
Are we gonna get wet?
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:58 pm

Petrino to Miami.
big gumbo
Duck South Addict

Postby big gumbo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 am

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 am

Nutt to Colorado stuff was bogus...I don't think he's involved with that...but he might be somewhere else...i dont' know, don't know that I care too much...I've read all sorts of crap about Nutt...my opinion is that this was the year the gap between Orgeron and Nutt would come into play and that combined with underachieving, injuries, and stupid troublemakers spelled disaster at Ole Miss. WHO ever thought that we were gonna have those years with Coach Oregeron only to just start winning 8 and 9 games and never pay for the lack of program stability Orgeron created...this was the year it caught up...the talent he brought did well mixed with Nutt and staff coaching for couple years, now their all gone and those transition years are kicking Rebel booty...

I read that Mullen was on the Miami initial list of candidates...also Tubberville...also read that the OC at Navy was hot on the Vandy list...
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 am

SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:19 am

Are we gonna get wet?
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 am

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:44 pm

SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:22 pm

I can see why UM fans would want to move on and forget about it. I am just not sure UM has this bad of a season if Masoli was never in the picture. Did Stanley screw up his 1 and only start??? Thought he played pretty good. Was the spring and summer preparation not surrounding Stanley being QB? You guys know UM football a lot better than I do, but somebody has to take some blame here. Expectations were higher than 4-8 and losses to Jacksonville State and Vandy. Who's fault is it? I think you can lay the blame right on Nutt. To think the Masoli thing did not hurt the team is crazy in my opinion. You probably do not have those early losses if you are not trying to adjust the offense to Masoli. From a MSU fan's perspective, I hope you keep Nutt around a LONG LONG LONG time. Coaching "O" talent was not as hard as coaching his own will be in my opinion.
Are we gonna get wet?
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Postby swamprooter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:03 pm

the blame has to be on the coaches,period. When your late in the season you should not have a wide receiver do a celebration flip in the end zone ( LSU game ) that gives LSU field position to put it away in last minute of the game. Or Having our offensive lineman get called for a chop block on our last drive in the State game that killed our drive too tie. Every game our players made stupid mistakes that should have been coached/prepared. No excuse mistakes. Our opponents didn't make the same ones. how many times did our kick off guy kick it out of bounds? Just stupid thing I feel they were not coached or reminded on.

My hat off to Masoli.....he is a warrior and played hard every game and every second. had basically no talent to work with on offensive except Bolden. his line sucked and never picked up a blitz.

our defensive backfield is the worst in the country. We will not look back for the ball to break on. It drives me crazy

got an email 2 weeks ago from UMAA Loyality ASS explaining from a recent survey how Ole Miss and Miss State pay the lowest price for tickets in the SEC. told them they had some nerve.
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Return to “Sports Forum”