Ole Miss Notice of Allegations

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:35 am

Well, we might as well get some chatter going.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2a104b32 ... violations

It is hard to tell what is going on. From what I have read and heard, I currently conclude we don't know enough to conclude anything about severity of charges and what the punishment will be in the end.

I think we know:
- There will be some punishment; and
- Depending on who you ask, it may be nothing substantive or it may be big (losing schollies and bowls).

We don't know:
- What the NCAA notice actually says (which is curious to me because it seems OM would release it if nothing of substance is there); or
- How OM will respond.

Getting unbiased opinions is impossible, but what do you guys think is happening now and what will the eventual outcome be if you were to wager on it as we sit here today?
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: Ole Miss Notice of Allegations

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:48 am

With the current state of DS, don't be surprised if this generates zero chatter.

Hail State.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 am

Well at this point if 13 allegations are for football and 9 of those under the current staff then Ole Miss will look bad just because of all the reports (including Bjork) were only 5 for football and most under Nutt. Looks like that may not be the case and it leaves Ole Miss with egg on their face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:59 am

It is odd that they are refusing to release even though people have filed for it under the freedom of information act.

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:03 am

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:41 am

I agree. Don't think anything major will come of it. Just going to look bad for them. They told all the recruits it was only a couple of things and all under the old staff and told the public that. Now if there is any truth to the second letter of allegations coming then things could get really ugly. That would be two letters in a short period and remember Freeze had violations while an positions coach at ole miss. NCAA could wind up trying to lay the hammer on him.

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:15 pm

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:22 pm

Are you guys part of the lunatic fringe now? Or are the normal ones talking about this now, too? :mrgreen:

Even N. McReady admitted on BR radio just now that UOM football has endured a 3.5-year NCAA colonoscopy. Seriously, someone should bump this thread --> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112691&hilit=investigation

There's been one faction that has been dead-on with their info the whole time -- saying that an investigation was going on, that Tunsil was going to sit for close to half the season, that the ULL/Saunders stuff was a product of the UOM inquest, that there were 30 allegations... That faction says that the heavy-hitting stuff is yet to come. Who knows.

The faction that's saying "nothing to see here" also said there was NO investigation (see linked thread), Tunsil wouldn't sit at all, Tunsil would only sit 3 games, the ULL/Saunders stuff had nothing to do with us, there is no NOA....

Who are you listening to?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:08 pm

As far as the second NOA that supposedly is not happening. The word now is that they will amend the current NOA as they release more

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Same difference. The point was that the current document isn't exhaustive of what the NCAA intends to allege. If you believe those lunatics, of course.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 pm

The Red Elephant Club doing what they do. Just glad it wasn't us they snitched on this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (because it's the only way I can access the board)
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Finebaum apparently had a caller on his show today talk about a recent recruit giving back a cash gift to UOM. Paul responded that he'd heard the same story from a different reliable source. That was this year's recruiting class. No wonder the sources for all these articles say the investigation is still "ongoing." LMAO.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:25 pm

Yeah apparently Bo Scarbrough had to payback money to Ole Miss he was payed to visit and in this years class Shyeim Carter apparently was also given money to visit Ole Miss. Also rumors that Ole Miss has been giving recruits "burner" phones so that they could have unlimited contact. Well allegedly one of those phones has made it into the hands of the NCAA.

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Good thing for Freeze that blatantly lying to recruits isn't an NCAA violation. Comments from Deontay Anderson during signing week, about the recently announced allegations against UOM...

"I talked to Coach Freeze about it. He said it was about things that had happened in the past before he got to Ole Miss. I knew he would be honest with me. When I first heard it, it didn't shake me up." - Deontay Anderson

ETA: Nope nothing to see here... http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Chri ... --43639044
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:27 am

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Return to “Sports Forum”