MS Baseball 2015

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

MS Baseball 2015

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:20 am

Nooot a lot of talk in here regarding MS baseball as of late. Seems State and OM are up and down thus far. State can't hit to save their lives and relief pitching is just awful. Watched them play against Southern Miss last night and they just can't get hits when they need them. They hit into 4 or 5 double plays and most of their hits as of late are with 2 outs.

The Rebs seemed to be coming back some after playing LSU close weekend before last and taking 2 or 3 from FL this past weekend. They dropped both to UAB yesterday though.

What say ye? Comments, concerns, rants?
SHERMANATOR
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Re: MS Baseball 2015

Postby ScottyLee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 am

rebs past the fri and sat starter rotation guys, we just don't have any pitching depth. and although better we can't seem to get over the hump on Qab with risp. that's just my thoughts. we have showed flashes of brilliance and we've showed touches of awful. still think a 3 seed in a regional somewhere.
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:50 pm

I can't see MSU even making a regional if they can't start hitting the ball. Last year the bullpen could come in and bail them out. Not this year. Even the starting pitching is erratic. IF they can hit the ball they might do OK. Otherwise, I'm not expecting much.

The Rebs on the other hand have a lot of young talent that can go a long way IF they can be consistent. Admittedly, I have watched very little of the Rebs this season, but they could be real trouble if they figure things out.
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:12 pm

State has started slow every year under Cohen, I believe. Ole Miss is OM and they will play better once the sun dresses are more prevalent in left field. Both teams will make a regional and one team will host a regional.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:13 am

and our god awful hitting, or lack there of continues... this sucks
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:58 pm

"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:45 pm

How's MSU doing this weekend?
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:38 pm

This team sucks. Pretty much end of story.
Peewee
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:30 pm

We ain't skored a nar run in 29 innings
Strait..

Hell now that I think on it
That's an impressive streak

Ain't dun that since da 70's
Back when pintails were but 10 Pts a peice
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:28 am

:lol: Pretty impressive to say the least. Read the same thing before yesterday's game. Up until the 2nd or 3rd whenever Holland hit the solo shot, State hadn't scored in 28 or 29 innings which hadn't happened since 1975.

They hit some yesterday but overall they have been terrible at the plate. Wes Rea broke out his lucky turkey foot for the game so maybe that helped with some of the bad juju. There's no way they can hit that bad all season so I figure its got to pick up soon. I'd rather them go through it early in the SEC if it's gonna happen but they better pick it up quick...
SHERMANATOR
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 am

Can't hit when you look at fastballs straight down the pipe and swing at 58' hooks.
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:03 pm

its not very exciting to watch.. outside of wes all of our guys look like clones.. 5' 10" 185 lbs..

sometimes I feel like we have to string together 42 hits in a row just to score a run..
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:43 am

Well I feel a little better after this past weekend. Looks like our bats woke up and I think we finally have a solid lineup. Just hate we couldn't close it out on Sat. Two great games from Laster and Brown on Thurs & Fri but Tatum and others were no bueno on Saturday. At A&M this next weekend soooo praying for a miracle.
SHERMANATOR
stitch
Duck South Addict

Postby stitch » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

State knocked the crap out of the ball Saturday against SC, the problem was that they hit a lot of atom balls!

I will say it again....scholarship situation is a MAJOR issue. Until something changes, get used to the cycles of up and down. State and Ole Miss have 11 scholarships......most other schools in the conference have lottery scholarships / other funds that basically put them at "unlimited" scholarships. Do you really think Vanderbilt just figured out how to recruit and coach? No...all their players are on scholarship......what they figured out is that they are a private school and don't have to disclose all information about $$$$.....so, top baseball recruit from "North Carolina".....you can get your books covered at State / Ole Miss......or you can get one of the best educations in the country at Vanderbilt for FREE.......what is your decision?

Give Cohen and Bianco credit for making it to Omaha......their success is like Mullen and Freeze competing in football with 25 scholarships while the rest of the conference has 85......how do you think that would work out?
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:42 am

I'm going to disagree with the scholarship issue. Polk used that as a crutch for years. It would just be another excuse if State had the full ride scholarships and still couldn't stay at the top. What's Georgia's excuse ? Hot bed for talent, full ride scholly's ........ should be the easiest coaching job in America. Polk said so himself. They still can't compete. Too many teams on 11 scholarship limit are always Top 10, 15 for that argument to hold water.

Return to “Sports Forum”