Chad Kelly

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: Chad Kelly

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:55 pm

MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Liggins for Heisman!!!
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:55 am

NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:14 pm

I have a question for everyone - Do any of you know some of these players or past players personally (and I don't mean have class with them) But really know them and what they do on the weekends?

If you don't think 85% of these players are doing the same thing but not getting caught then you are fooling yourself.

I talked with a guy that played with Kelly yesterday and he said his exact words were. I didn't say $#!+ about a damn AK 47. I am not taking up for him but I will say a lot of what is being said is B.S. and yes the person that told me is close enough to Kelly that he would have told the truth.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:18 pm

The other 85% arent pizzing enough people off to stay in the spotlight though. Whats the saying, where there's smoke, there is fire...enough of it and its blazing? 100% of everything about this cat is made up and its a witch hunt?
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:36 pm

No that is not what I am saying at all. I said before if I was the coach he would have been told to stay low and probably would kick him off.

But when someone says they have a hard time cheering for him or his team, I can promise you there are a lot more on the team far worse than him. A lot of times athletes get special treatment and are taken home after being caught up in something and then you have the cop who thinks he is a bad ass for taking in an athlete.
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Another thing to keep in mind. Chad Kelly attorney also defended Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw of similar charges by the Buffalo police a few years ago. Charges were dropped.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Chad Kelly was kicked off of his high school football team. He was kicked off of his college football team. He went to JUCO. He signed with Ole Miss. He was arrested for fighting with a cop. You guys are telling me that 85% of college football players have done the same thing?
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:19 pm

I think we all know that because of who he is and who his uncle is, he probably has been given many other breaks that we are not aware. That is speculative, but relative to my experiences in life, probably accurate as well. Can you imagine the scrutiny on a high school football coach in Buffalo, New York to kick Jim Kelly's All-American nephew off of a team? That would have been akin to Coach Hill at Oxford kicking Eli off the team (had the Mannings lived in Oxford). Yet it happened.

Moreover, and I am sure all of you have heard the rumors, that Marshall Henderson and Kelly have more in common than being athletic white boys relative to their extracurriculars. Who knows if that is true but I do know he has all the signs of being a serious bad egg.

I think he is likely worth three wins over what Ole Miss has without him. He is a very good QB and Ole Miss has a ton of skill talent coming back. For that reason, and that reason only, I think Freeze will keep him around even if he pleads on some or all of the charges.

If, however, Freeze does take that line of approach, I hope that he will cease and desist from tweeting Bible verses and talking about running a different type of program. It makes him look like a hypocrite.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:08 pm

Cam, I respectfully disagree. Christians (and I am one) often place themselves in the position of being labeled as hypocrites. If a person is going to wear their religion on their sleeve, as we are called to do, you also have to be willing to bear that standard under all circumstances.

As to the current situation, why is it more Christian to give this guy his fifth chance than to start the openly Christian, non-problem instigating QB already on your roster (Buchanan)?

I am not making this up either - I have heard commentators on local and national radio as well as on ESPN bring up Freeze's stance on running a different program placing him in a really tough spot relative to this situation. To keep him makes him look just like the rest and he has BY HIS OWN WORDS, said that will not be like the rest. In short, it undermines his Christian message. The question then becomes, what is more important to Freeze, his message or winning?

As to comments about Miles and LSU and troubled players by other posters - as an LSU fan I concur.

Remember though, Miles has also kicked off a Heisman finalist (Mathieu) and a pre-season Heisman candidate (Perrilloux) and has suspended countless players for marijuana use (including this season). What other coach in the nation has kicked off the best player on their team on more than one occasion? How many players has State, Ole Miss or Alabama suspended for drug test fails under their current coaches? I am a known Miles detractor and he has given more opportunity than he should to some players, but he is no worse than the others in this area - including Mr. Coach Hugh Freeze.
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:42 pm

my mama also say that the person keeping it going is just as much in the wrong as the one that started it.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:53 am

If this was some 2nd string, black defensive lineman, would it be that big of a deal?
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:54 am

Also, where is the line drawn for number of times a student-athlete gets another chance?

Return to “Sports Forum”