So the question is...

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

So the question is...

Postby camlock » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:50 am

if Michigan doesn't get Harbough for 8 million per over 6 years.....what kind of contract will the offer the next candidate (Les Miles)? I'm not sure Jim HarBough is gonna leave the NFL, he'll make similar money and won't have to recruit or deal with NCAA next year in the NFL.

Surely they won't offer Les Miles or any other college coach 8 million?
peewee
Duck South Addict

Re: So the question is...

Postby peewee » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:47 am

I don't know the answer but I believe these collegiate coaches salaries are out of control.
Peewee
7ducks
Veteran

Postby 7ducks » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:08 pm

A duck call is one of the best conservation tools ever invented
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:36 am

peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Peewee
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:18 pm

So they make between 48 and 71 million dollars and they are raising tuition again???? I'm like Pewee, education should be first, albeit the sports are a major part of it, don't get me wrong i liek college sports as much as the next guy, but that money generated should go to helping more of the "Students" rather than just the "Athlete's" I guess they have to have that money to by out all the Chad Kelly's and pay for the grades for the dummies that we all know can't pass.

Just makes no sense to me that they make that kind of money and tuition keeps rising and making it harder for folsk liek us to go to college or send our kids to college
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:44 am

I understand where you guys are coming from but look at all a good football program can do for a school and a town. First of all tha money helps fund all other sports that are giving scholarships to average people that will never have a chance to be a professional athlete. Secondly having a good football program will increase enrollment which equals more jobs for teachers and all other positions and even more revenue for the school. Third it brings in a ton of money to the local economy on game weekends. Fourth there are lots of jobs for students in the sports programs. 5th it brings in lots of donations from boosters that does not all go to sports programs. Lots of that money helps pay for renovations, new buildings, and equipment for labs and such.

Return to “Sports Forum”