LSU vs Wisconsin in Houston.....

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

SWAG
Duck South Addict

LSU vs Wisconsin in Houston.....

Postby SWAG » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:56 am

Wisconsin too slow for the Tigahs??? Or do we see the typical Wisconsin basic fundamental offensive scheme with few mistakes that could give LSU some trouble in an opening type game???
Are we gonna get wet?
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Re: LSU vs Wisconsin in Houston.....

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:00 pm

I could easily see LSU losing this game based on past experience. LSU, to Miles credit, almost always opens with a neutral site game against a quality opponent. Last year it was against TCU in Dallas. They have also opened against UNC in Atlanta and against Oregon in Dallas in the last few years.

With the exception of the Oregon game, LSU has squeaked by with a narrow victory.

I expect something similar in this game. Wisconsin traditionally has one strength and that is a pound you into the ground running game. LSU has one glaring weakness on defense - their interior defensive line which will start one guy with zero career tackles and another that played sparingly last year. Their backups are both redshirt freshmen that are rumored to be recruiting misses (Gilmore and Bain). Their back-up is a true freshman that will not report to campus until Wednesday.

If Wisconsin can establish their running game, they will win.

On Offense, LSU lost 90% of their offensive production, including the QB, RB and two highly drafted receivers. Heck, the RB was the third leading receiver on the team.

It looks as though they will start a true sophomore and will play a true freshman at QB...that is never good. They have a really good offensive line coming back and they have a really good stable of running backs, including the #1 recruit in the nation in Leonard Fournette. By all accounts, he has been a beast in fall practice.

The receivers are young but talented - while they will not be what they were last year, I am more concerned about who is throwing to the receiver corp than the receivers themselves.

In the end, I look for a very physical, back and forth game with LSU winning a close one, 31-28 in a last minute field goal.

Guy to watch on defense - Danielle Hunter (pronounced Da-neil) - he is a defensive end and is an animal.

Guy to watch on offense - Leonard Fournette http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_k77eZhrkY
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Fortunette wow
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:40 am

I've said this for a month. If Wisconsin wins, and I fully plan on them doing so, LSU is done before the season even starts.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:44 am

I will be interested to see how LSU splits carries with their RBs. Same with Bama.

Who gets more yards DM77? Fournette or Henry?
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 am

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 am

This team will be good. First game out of the chute, maybe not, but they will eventually take care of business. Fournette is the real deal.
medic11
Veteran

Postby medic11 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:02 pm

I think this team is the largest mystery of any lsu team in the last decade.
Freedom Hunters
http://www.freedomhunters.org

Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:05 am

I see 8-4 for LSU.
medic11
Veteran

Postby medic11 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 am

I think most rational tiger fans are somewhat expecting a 3-5 loss season. You can only lose double digit players to the draft every year for so long before it catches up to you.

With that said, give this freshman class a year or 2 and they'll win it all.
Freedom Hunters

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Read this morning that the LSU coaches are falling over themselves for Jamal Adams, the 5 star safety out of Texas that committed late in the recruiting process. He apparently is amazing. One coach said he has first round written all over him. We shall see.
medic11
Veteran

Postby medic11 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:14 am

Well another year with LSU's top DB suspended, also dupre and porter out with injuries
Freedom Hunters

blgros1
Duck South Addict

Postby blgros1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm as big an LSU fan as they come. This is definitely a rebuilding year for the Tigahs. I hope they win every game but in all likelihood they could easily drop 4-5 games this year. Offensive line is incredible and with a RB like Fournette they going to put points up for sure. Problem lies with the rest of the positions. You have two very inexperienced starters on the Dline, not a lot of help from the DB's and your wide outs are not what we had last year. Not to mention the quarter back situation we have going on. Hopefully one of those guys steps up but again lack of experience will show especially in games that go down to the wire. Ball control and ground and pound should be miles main objective but that guy is as wild as they come with his coaching decisions.
I will say this with much confidence, 2015 or 2016 seasons, depending on how fast the team puts it all together, expect to see the Tigahs playing for a national title. They got the talent but I just think it's going to take them at least a year to gel as a team and be in contention. Ok fire away Estes!!!
"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:36 am

Interesting game that, frankly, should have been won by Wisconsin but for them pulling Melvin Gordon. LSU looked as bad as I have seen them since the Dinardo years for the first 2.5 quarters. They looked fantastic for the last 1.5 quarters.

For you guys that don't know, LSU was down 24-7 in the third quarter and ended up winning 28-24.

First off, Wisconsin was a good team that will win a lot of games this year. They did not appear to be very good with the forward pass, but I think a lot of that is because LSUs secondary is far and away the strength of the team (even without their best player). I would not be totally surprised to see Wisky win the remainder of their games because of a weak schedule.

Second, and as to LSU, I think they are probably the median between the first and second halves of the game. I think they can play with anyone on their schedule, but I also think they can be beat by almost any SEC team on their schedule as well. They are probably, best case scenario, a three loss team and worst case a 4-5 loss team. In other words, about what I thought they would be from the beginning.

Return to “Sports Forum”