I can only assume....

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

hillhunter
Duck South Addict

I can only assume....

Postby hillhunter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:15 pm

That the reason the board has been so dead lately is because they are glued to the SEC network. I have enjoyed it so far. Lot more entertaining than hearing about Ohio State and USC imo.

Sure isn't much talk of football on the board compared to years past. Is it because we are all nervous (both rebels and dawgs alike) of the expectations placed on our teams this year? I think both teams can have something special this year and make it one of the most memorable Egg Bowls due to what is to be gained, or it could be a game to determine who goes to Music City Bowl. Is it possible that the SEC West would hang in the balance for either team? I know Bama is stacked, but if history tells us anything it's that reporters are almost always wrong with their picks, so it has to go to someone.... Why not a MS team once again. Will be a tough row to hoe for either team but hopefully not impossible and would be great for the state if it could happen. Po Monk, where is your novel like predictions for the year?
work hard, play hard
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: I can only assume....

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm

I think Ole Miss has high expectations that are well tested. Bo Wallace is a known entity, and he's solid. I don't see Ole Miss winning the west, but they have a higher probability overall of doing better than MSU.

MSU has a better chance to reach for the stars, but could also just as likely wind up another 7-5 season. Dak has a higher ceiling than Bo but is less proven as a healthy, full time starter.

We shall see.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:31 am

State's season hinges on the health of Dak Prescott. If he stays healthy, they have a shot at 10 wins.

Ole Miss's season depends on Bo Wallace...if he stays healthy and plays well, they too have a shot at 10 wins.

LSUs season, IMO, is over before it starts in some respects relative to expectation because they don't have a QB...9-3 would be outstanding under the circumstances.

Bama's season also depends on QB play because there will be a point in which one of their QBs has to win the game for them - I have heard that the locker room favors Simms and the coaches prefer Coker. Interesting dilemma for Saban.

There is a common theme here...the teams that have the best QB play are the teams that will be in the running in November.

Can you imagine if somehow, someway the Egg Bowl decides the West? That would be crazy!
merlebo05
Duck South Addict

Postby merlebo05 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:22 am

I hear it year after year the expectations of both MSU and Ole Miss, they are both gonna have to show me something before I buy stock in either one of them!!

an egg bowl to determine SEC west winner would be awesome!!
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Apocalyptic
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Bump

Still not very likely in my opinion because both teams have a long tough schedule to go, but it's looking more realistic now than it did when the thread started.
work hard, play hard

Return to “Sports Forum”