Ole Miss being investigated?

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Re: Ole Miss being investigated?

Postby hillhunter » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:23 pm

I cant believe this thread is still alive.

As a State fan, I think most folks are reaching a little... or a lot. Just remember almost everyones "inside source" against a rival school, is wrong 99% of the time. If inside sources were so reliable, most schools would make sure that they are no longer inside sources. Also, who really cares? Chris Jones is at MSU and is really doing well so far, it looks like I may even have to eat my words about him being overrated. Being from Houston, I probably saw him play more last year than any on this board. He has really put on some weight, just hope he can learn enough about the game fundamentally to contribute to this team.

When asked about his experience at oxford by a friend, (an assistant coach at HSS) all he had to say was that he had a great time and that there lots of women up there. When the same guy asked him did it change his mind any, he just said "Nah." This was the conversation had at school the next monday after the trip to oxford. Everyone I talked to in this small town I live in who had direct contact with Chris said that he had never swayed from his commitment to MSU, just wanted to go have a good time and experience something a little different. The funny thing is while all this hoopla has apparently been goin on all over the State, it hasnt even been running on the rumor mill here in town which is highly unlikely if there was anything to it.

I wish the season would hurry up and get here so we can start bitchin about the refs favoring Bama... or something of the sorts...
work hard, play hard
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:27 am

I see we have now reached stage two of saving face:

Stage 1: change the subject to generalized red herring issues

Stage 2: straw man debate

I don't recall ever saying on this board, going back to my very first post, back when some of you here were still on your mother's teet, that Ole Miss is "100% squeaky clean". We are not. No program meets that threshold. That universal truth being acknowledged, how does that support any of the specific Ole Miss cheating allegations, rumors, innuendo, cryptic suggestions, etc? It doesn't.

Ya'll are clearly out of bullets for this dead horse shooting. This is no longer fun --- it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Come back when you actually have some evidence. It's time to kick off the season.

And btw, despite this little dust up, you will never see me posting here about cheating allegations against MSU or any other SEC school. I might comment upon NCAA violations AFTER the fact of them being proven and sanctions leveled, but not before. I once broke my own rule during the Cam Newton ordeal, joining in with the lynch mob, and later had to eat crow. I never dreamed that solid evidence of a father shopping around his son could not be used against the son. And I jumped the gun in concluding that evidence supported wrongdoing by Auburn. The only thing I was right about were the obvious secondary rules violations by the MSU boosters involved in Cam's recruitment. I took my crow with lots of mustard. But, it reinforced why engaging in such speculation is usually a fool's game and a waste of time.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:21 am

I never made a single accusation. I just wanted to see how many essays would be written in this thread.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:12 pm

webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Sweet blog.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:07 am

Good ole' Houston Nutt was taking credit for Freeze's quick turnaround at Ole Miss this morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hottytoddy
Veteran

Postby hottytoddy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Hootie is still talking about those back to back Cotton Bowls. What a doucheturd!!!!
"You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shat"
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Did nutt sell his place outside of Oxford
Thinkin bout buying a ranch
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:57 am

Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:05 pm

I'd like to investigate wherenthehell Freeze's fishin hole is. That sumbitch catches a 8+lber weekly. I think he uses dynamite. #cheater
bhuggins
Veteran

Postby bhuggins » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Return to “Sports Forum”