South Delta Duck Lease

Posts in this forum must be approved by the site administrator. Email any questions to webmaster@msducks.com.

Moderator: Classified Moderators

Hammer
Veteran

South Delta Duck Lease

Postby Hammer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:43 am

600 acres south of Satartia about 5 miles- just north of Dixie Farms- 3 duck holes, 2 with guaranteed water (irrigation well)- Holes planted to Jap Millet after corn and beans are cut- two holes also have smart weed and other natural foods...

Duck hunting has been outstanding until last year- even during the 2000-2006 seasons we had lots and lots of ducks but bottom fell out last year- nothign but woodies- thousands of woodies all year but nothing else until the last weekend of the season and the youth hunt...Already wetter than last year and years following big floods in Delta National have traditionally been very good in our area so I am hoping for much better year this year...3rd wood duck will also help since even last year we had tons of them...

Blinds on two of the three holes- easy to put skidder or build blind on third hole- easy 5 minute ATV ride to any of the holes- also includes dove and teal hunting as well as snipe hunting during duck hunts...Usually thousands of snipe on this place...
Duck and teal hunting are Weds, Sat and Sun mornings only, Dove hunting is Saturday and Sunday AM and/or PM only...This keeps from putting too much pressure on the place and allows me to be around which is requirement by landowner...

Lease is $10K, does not include deer hunting (I keep for myself) and I would limit your club to no more than 5 members with requirement that no guests allowed unless member is present and only 1 guest per member per day...No clubhouse but COaches Store has RV/camper hookups and is less than 10 miles away...

I would reserve right to possibly hunt dove and teal with you a time or two along with 3 days of duck hunting with you on Wednesday mornings, January 7, 14 and 21 and on the youth days with my 7 year old son and 6 year old daughter...Other than that, the duck hunting is all yours...I guarantee you that my deer hunting will not interfere with your duck hunting since I will avoid the duck holes in my coming and going (holes are spread across 600 acres with no hole closer than 1/2 mile to the other one). If 2008-09 gets back to normal, you will have a great time hunting this place. If not, you have dove, teal and woodies for your troubles. Normally, there are way more mallards than any other species on this place but it also usually holds pintail, gadwall, wigeon and teal in large numbers.

Send me a PM with your name and email address and I will send you some info.
Micah
Site Admin

Re: South Delta Duck Lease

Postby Micah » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:56 am

Guys,
This is a paid advertisement, and the proceeds from these advertisements keep the lights on around here. Please refrain from posting negative comments in the future.

Thanks,
Micah

Return to “Leases and Land For Sale”