Those in the know: New Old Style Daisy Cutters- True?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cupnglide
Veteran

Re: Those in the know: New Old Style Daisy Cutters- True?

Postby cupnglide » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 pm

$750? $800?!? When your duck call costs more than your shotgun....

I'd be too scared to take those calls out of the house. Some young flatcap, hardcore duck thug might mug me for my lanyard.

Thanks to a good friend and a timely tip, I got an order in for one of the OSDC replicas. We will see how close it is to the old ones.
Never assume.
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Postby Northbigmuddy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:03 pm

USA Back to Back World War Champs
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Those calls Eric has are special run DC's. That's why he's asking the $$$ for those.

They changed the toneboard the year they came out with the scroll work. I bought four and sent all four back for modifying. They still weren't like the first run crossbones with the plain insert. I've been offered $500 for my ivory 2nd Gen. I'm the fool that sold 6 of mine for $100 each a month before that first one got crazy bids on ebay and took off like wildfire. Drakechaser bought two or three from me. :lol:

Heck I'm looking at $600 worth of stickered short barrels on my call stand, a cocobolo and a red junebug acrylic.
drakechaser
Veteran

Postby drakechaser » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:46 am

"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" - President Ronald Reagan
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:35 pm

I like them. Enough to pay a ridiculous price like $150 for one. When the description says, " And yes, this is the exact same blah blah blah as the old style DC's", then I have to ask.

I used to get tore up over folks paying ridiculous prices on duck hunting gear. But as long as it ain't my balls stapled to the wall at the end of the month for buying stuff like $500 duck calls, then I could care less. Hell he's gonna go hunting regardless of whether or not I think he's a fool. And remember, if you see me, go the other way, because the most foolish folks in the woods are attracted to me like flies to butt bread. I And I don't bother flashing lights at him either- at 10 minutes after 6:00, he's coming no matter what.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
drakechaser
Veteran

Postby drakechaser » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 am

John's reply on a FB duck call group when questioned recently about this new DC re-make.

John Stephens- To answer y'all's question yes they are an exact replica. Now whether it is an exact of the osdc you have I don't know. There we're so many versions of the tone board. What we have done is picked out a few of the osdc we like from the scroll and dc crest version and digitized them here in the shop. These calls are owned by different hunters we know that have been using this version since we made them. We have passed them around the shop and will replicate the consensus winner. We hope the one we choose everyone will like as well, but we know that is impossible due to the fact this call has so many different versions floating around. When you do receive yours please message me or e-mail your thoughts, likes, dislikes, we always like getting feedback. We should finishing barrels today and start cutting inserts tonight. Hopefully all will be done Friday afternoon latest Monday Am. Thanks for your patience and interest! God bless! -John Stephens
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" - President Ronald Reagan
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Well as soon as someone says they are unreal the price will be 500-700
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:40 pm

And 90% of the ones paying the stupid money can't even blow them.
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm

^^ Very true.

As for the call, it can be assumed that the local guys way back when had better odds of getting the best calls. These guys have been hunting these calls, some guiding with them, for 10+ years. RNT is testing them against each other and picking a favorite. A best of the best, if you will.

If they nail it, 1) this call is going to be a heck of a hunting call, and 2) it's value will go through the roof.
Never assume.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:02 pm

They'll do this every year for Mack's for now on I bet or even put it back into production themselves.
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 am

So much $$$ for a CNC'd call that costs probably $25 after materials, labor and engraving.
southernmallard
Duck South Addict

Postby southernmallard » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:18 pm

GRHRCH Hilltop's Peanut Butter Crackers MH QAA - "Nab"
Jackson's Record Chasing Redux - "Riley"

HAIL STATE
drakechaser
Veteran

Postby drakechaser » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:48 am

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:42 am

John posted a sound file video for the facebook users. I do not like the tone of the call at all, even with a 3 time world champ blowing it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=903491742999049

Return to “General Discussion Forum”