List of Professional Retriever Trainers (Micah approved)

Retrievers are one of the most enjoyable aspects of duck and goose hunting. Let's talk about some working dogs.

Moderator: Gun Dog Moderators

Copen
Regular

Postby Copen » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:19 pm

"I've had a bad experience with this kennel, Blue Ribbon, please PM me for details".
Qwack, Qwack!

Whack' em and stack 'em boys!
astorey
Veteran

Blue Ribbon Trainer

Postby astorey » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:57 am

Faithful Retrievers wrote:www.blueribbonkennels.com
Blue Ribbon Kennels
John Kabbes Clinton,MS
I have hunted over dogs trained by John for many years now and have found that he does an outstanding job. His facility is top notch. Located off 49 HWY N about 15 min out of Jackson.

I recently bought a started dog from Jennifer Stringer, who was one of the trainers working for Blue Ribbon Kennel's. She has now ventured out on her own is training out of Southern Hertiage Kennels in Ludlow, Ms. She knows her stuff when it come to labs! You can't beat her prices @ 375.00 a month. Give her a call @ 601-209-6013 for availability.

Aubrey Storey
Keven

D-2 Kennels...

Postby Keven » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:30 pm

Nice to meet all! I'm rather new to this forum ... yet old to others.

I have to share the name and contact information of a pro we started using a few months ago that's really performed miracles with our dog.
Dale and Denise Johnson of D-2 Kennels in Church Point, LA: http://www.d2kennels.com. They've really helped our dog pull it together in a very short amount of time.

We are amazed with their talent, level of care, training program - and their unique billing arrangement: they only charge for time actually worked with the dog. We've not only improved the training our dog was getting, but we're saving money too!

We added a second pup to our family and now their kennels - our 7 month old Roux puppy. We're just as excited about the progress she's making! They currently run HRC tests and plan on adding AKC and hunting specialty events to the list soon.

D-2 Kennels is definitely worth checking into when making a decision on a professional retriever training.
Bustin' Greenheads
Regular

trainers

Postby Bustin' Greenheads » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:57 am

george henry
timber creek retrievers
662-489-7544
pontotoc NE miss
hwy 6 cant miss
email henerys@dixieconnect.com
not sure about the web page... sorry.
boat, motor, trailer... 3500.00
dog and training.... 1500.00
box of shells.... 15.00
sitting in the timber with your dog at your side and seeing the first flight of greenheads of the morning committing to your decoy spread...PRICELESS!!!!
scoe25
Regular

Postby scoe25 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:05 pm

Steve Vires
Como, MS
http://www.onlinelabradors.com

He has got my pup now. I've seen his finished product. impressive!!!!
Bustin' Greenheads
Regular

trainer

Postby Bustin' Greenheads » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:51 am

Mark Winters
Corinth, MS

deadbird05 knows him number and all that.
contact him.
boat, motor, trailer... 3500.00

dog and training.... 1500.00

box of shells.... 15.00

sitting in the timber with your dog at your side and seeing the first flight of greenheads of the morning committing to your decoy spread...PRICELESS!!!!
moon
Regular

Postby moon » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:46 am

http://www.blueribbonkennels.com/

John has my black female and can't wait to see how she turns out. :D
Wait for the landing gear and shootem in the face!!! CTM2005
moon
Regular

Postby moon » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:20 pm

Progress report: John has my 6 month old already doing over 100 yard marks and has started force fetching. She will be in Wyoming for the next 2 months and should be handling when she gets back. Making plans to run fall hunt test. She is loving every minute of it. :D
Super-X
Veteran

trainers

Postby Super-X » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:53 pm

Chris Scott @ L&D Retrievers Henderson, TN
731-608-0895

AKC/UKC hunt tests & other events as well

Heck of a good trainer........

http://www.ldretrieving.com
GRHRCH MB's Playtime Blackdiamond MH
HRCH Devil's Malmaison Spice SH
GRHRCH Black Rock Bandit MH
franny131
Veteran

Postby franny131 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:23 am

Freddy McCrory
Outback Labs
Tom Nolen, MS
662-258-9670
Just outside Eupora, Central MS

Freddy comes highly recommended. I just took my first one, a chocolate male, over to him yesterday. Expecting great results with this 8 month old pup even tho we are a little late starting out. If you are in the central part of the state and looking for a trainer, call Freddy he knows what he is doing when it comes to retrievers. He's has a nice place for the dogs and lots of water, lake and creek, for retriever training.
MarkH

Postby MarkH » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:39 am

Rob Elliott
Wildwood Kennels
Ripley, MS
(H) 662-837-3702
(C) 662-837-6730
http://www.wildwoodkennels.com

Rob keeps 6 or 7 outside dogs in training. He runs hunt tests and raises several litters of top quality puppies each year.
franny131
Veteran

Postby franny131 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:35 am

Just sold my chocolate lab as a started dog to a young man in Satillo. Freddy McCrory had him ready to hunt within 2 mos. I couldn't get over the progress he made so quickly, of course he was a talented pup to start with. I have talked with others in the area who also have Freddy train their dogs, all say the same thing. He is far and above better than the some trainers in our area. Does in 2 months what most do in 4months. His dog Chase has his HRC at 22 months. Recommend him highly, see his site at outbacklab.com
duckhunterdoc
Veteran

Postby duckhunterdoc » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:21 am

Roosevelt Johnson Kennel 1134 Guergon Road , Greenville MS 662-335-4839---been in it for years--trained my bird dog and my brother-in -laws lab--excellent
moon
Regular

Postby moon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:19 am

Going to pickup Diamond from John at Blue Ribbon this weekend she has become a great finshed retrever. Not going to run the Magnolia hunt test in november I have moved to Georgia. So it will be spring before I run her in a test, but she will be on her first hunt on Thanksgiving. Thanks alot john for the great job with Diamond. :D
MSDuckmen
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDuckmen » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 am

Copen wrote:I would never let John Kabbes touch another one of my dogs. The first lab I ever really had for a duck dog he destroyed. I have never seen anyone that was so ruthless with an animal of any kind. I would die before I would send another dog to him.

That's funny right there I don't care who you are...

I can't tell you how many times I have heard that very thing. I know John personally so I'll voice no opinion on the mans business.

I do however chuckle every time I see post like this.

Sorry about you Dog.

Return to “Gun Dog Forum”