Need a pup

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Warren
Duck South Addict

Need a pup

Postby Warren » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Guys we had a horrible accident at my house this past weekend. Our 9 week old pup got run over by a 16 ft trailer. I have not had a dog in 6 years after my Suzie of many years didn't make it through heart worm treatment. I was finally ready to train and own another. My daughter is just about on the verge of tears daily. I need to find a replacement. If anyone knows of any litters around the delta please let me know. Looking for a male yellow, but right know color doesn't matter.

Warren
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Re: Need a pup

Postby mfalkner » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:17 am

Dang - that would be a tough one. I know where some good pups are; can you tell us a little more about what you want? I'm partial to (certain specific) British bloodlines for gundogs and know of some good ones out there, but I also know of a really well bred American field/hunt test litter with some yellows.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:59 am

If you want a "British" dog check with Tom Hamilton at www.brackenfen.com. Tyler Patterson at sure shot retrievers north of Memphis has a couple of males left from a very nice FC x GHRCH MH litter right now that will be ready to go home the first week of August.
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
cmccallum15

Postby cmccallum15 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:54 pm

I don't know of any real outstanding American litters right now, but I do know of a great british lab litter that is on the ground at Team Wild Wings in New Orleans if british labs are your thing. 2016 IGL champion as the sire crossed with a Leadburn Mist pup as the dam. There are no yellows though.
Warren
Duck South Addict

Postby Warren » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Thanks guys, doesn't have to be anything special. Right now we just need to fill a void. If the little fella hunts that's great if not he will have a home.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:37 am

PM Sent. I will say that all the recommendations above are rock solid.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”