Homing pigeons-where to buy?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Homing pigeons-where to buy?

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:23 am

I'd be much appreciative of someone could give me a lead on where to buy homing pigeons. (Preferably average run-of-the-mill homers that don't cost $250 a pair.)
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Re: Homing pigeons-where to buy?

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:43 am

I don't have his contact information handy, but the guy who sells birds at the giant Schillenger Road flea market (end of the most right hand building) at Airport/Schillenger road has "banded" homer culls pretty regularly (the "B" team birds that did not make the cut as racers). They were $20 a pair, IIRC. I used to have his card around here, I will see if I can find it. He figured out I was using chukkars/ducks I was buying for dog training and went all "vegan" on me. But he will sell young pigs to Mexicans, who probably are not going to use them as yard art. :lol:
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:40 am

GC, where is this flea market you speak of? I will go in undercover. (They don't call me "The Chameleon" for the heckofit.) As far as he knows, I identify as a pigeon & it is my right to be with others like myself. If denied of this right, I'll sue him for every pigeon he owns.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:02 pm

It is in Mobile, AL, (west side of Mobile). You go on Airport Road to where it intersects with Schillenger Road. Turn north on Schillenger, and the Schillenger Road Flea Market will be on your left in about .2 mile. You can't miss it. The crazy guy that sells birds and such is in the very back, right hand corner of all the buildings (I think this will be the north east corner). It is next to all the folks selling plants, if you drive to the back parking lot you will go right buy him. He will have all sorts of birds, a few pigs and goats, and frequently has banded, culled homing pigeons (or did for a long time, I have not been in a while). He will get all PETA on you if he thinks you are buying birds for dog training.
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy

Return to “General Discussion Forum”