Health testing, hips,elbows for a Lab

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jbrooks

Health testing, hips,elbows for a Lab

Postby jbrooks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:26 am

Who do any of you use for your health testing and checking the hips/elbows. I have been looking at Paw Print Genetics for health testing but not sure if I need both panels or just one. If just one which one? Looking for somewhere close to Brandon/Jackson Mississippi area. This is my first Lab and getting ready to do all of his testing. He will be 2 December 2.
BucksandDucks
Veteran

Re: Health testing, hips,elbows for a Lab

Postby BucksandDucks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:09 am

Most vets will do hips/elbow x-rays and submit them to be graded. Some vets may be better than others, and I am not familiar with the Vets in that area. While you have him at the vet, they should be able to do the swab to test for EIC and other tests for CNM. You should be able to knock it all out in one visit but it's going to get pretty pricey pretty quick. I would recommend Dr. Payne in Oxford, MS to perform these services or feel free to give him a call and get his opinion on things. He will point you in the right direction and provide assistance if you need any.
---"The fool that drinks to drown his sorrows, ought to be told that sorrow knows how to swim" - unknown

HRCH Choctaw's Diamond Bailey SH
HRCH Nature's Fierce Firestorm
BucksandDucks
Veteran

Postby BucksandDucks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:10 am

Most vets will do hips/elbow x-rays and submit them to be graded. Some vets may be better than others, and I am not familiar with the Vets in that area. While you have him at the vet, they should be able to do the swab to test for EIC and other tests for CNM. You should be able to knock it all out in one visit but it's going to get pretty pricey pretty quick. I would recommend Dr. Payne in Oxford, MS to perform these services or feel free to give him a call and get his opinion on things. He will point you in the right direction and provide assistance if you need any.
---"The fool that drinks to drown his sorrows, ought to be told that sorrow knows how to swim" - unknown

HRCH Choctaw's Diamond Bailey SH
HRCH Nature's Fierce Firestorm
jbrooks

Postby jbrooks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:58 pm

OK I will give him a call when he turns two. Thanks
B3
Duck South Addict

Postby B3 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:16 pm

I highly recommend Lee Payne. He wil do hips,elbows,EIC and CNM all in one visit.

Bill
southernmallard
Duck South Addict

Postby southernmallard » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:52 am

I 2nd the above.

Dr. Payne is the only one I trust to do anything with Nab.
GRHRCH Hilltop's Peanut Butter Crackers MH QAA - "Nab"
Jackson's Record Chasing Redux - "Riley"

HAIL STATE

Return to “General Discussion Forum”