Need a trainer - It's complicated

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Need a trainer - It's complicated

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:51 pm

I have a 23 month old female black lab. I picked her up at 6 weeks old. She stayed with us for 3 months and then left for the trainer. I explained what all I wanted her to be able to do....and he set a price and we agreed. I also told him that i wouldn't mind her doing field trials and such. Well, we checked in a good bit and he said she was doing great. He was teaching hand signals, whistle, etc. He was going up North for the summer and said he was going to start her on field trials. Well, about a month before they were to return home this past summer, he calls and said he was moving out of state and that we needed to come pick her up that day. I was out of the state at the time, so my wife and kids went and picked her up without question. Then, he wouldn't answer the phone, return calls, etc. So, i have no idea what all he has taught her. I can say that she is very calm, very obedient. Everyone makes remarks about how loving and calm she is. I've only heard her bark 3 times ever. I did take her dove hunting and she was having trouble sitting near me when a gun would go off. Acted fairly scared at first. I've got her out of that now. But, he said he already taught her gun training. Anyway, I'm in need of a trainer to teach hunting. Who would y'all recommend under the circumstances?
Copiah Creek
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Need a trainer - It's complicated

Postby Copiah Creek » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:20 pm

check your pm ...... i sent you the name of a trainer in greeneville
HRCH UH Hope Spring's Dowry MH*** aka Fatty
HRCH UH Hill Top's Stealing Cinderella MH aka Punkin
HRCH Gator Point's Swamp Water MH aka Rain

Return to “General Discussion Forum”