West MS HRC Mahannah Test

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Re: West MS HRC Mahannah Test

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:58 am

I cracked up when this guy pulled up behind us at the Upland, and says to the landowner who was there watching the dogs: "Dude, my cat just caught the freakiest looking dove ever over yonder!" I am serious as a heart attack! :lol:
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Mr Ray has has shot two in the back yard this morn.. We meeting up at 2 with a guy with two pointers gona try and get them before the hawks do
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
BrettG
Veteran

Postby BrettG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Great test guys, thanks for all the work you'll did putting it on. Judges were great, even the started judges acted right Most of the time. I appreciate the awesome introduction to hrc everybody gave my buddy Josh.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Well we hit the field with two jam up pointers had a blast .. Killed 13 .. I will tell ya this Mr Ray is jam up shot with a 410 double barrel at 83 yrs old.. He had a great time and never missed a step
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks again, Rick. Sure was fun!
Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.
Splash_em
Veteran

Postby Splash_em » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 pm

The members of WMHRC and SMHRC worked along side each other to put another one in the books. Not many weekends that you can have a chance to pick up 70 points, an Upland title, and still be done handing ribbons out by 4:00 Sunday afternoon.

We had a "few opportunities for improvement" before next year's event, but since this is the first time we had every tried hosting an event like this, it should be expected.

Tina Soprano, Denise Johnson, Roger Morton, and Marty Griner of Brier Kennels did a fantastic job working together and rolling dogs through both days. Myself and the rest of the handlers could be seen laughing all day long. Being able to have fun was a prerequisite for running and judging, and everyone was glad to stay in compliance!

Special thanks to Mark Edwards who stepped in and planted birds all weekend and to Sonya Edwards for delivering lunches and helping at the lines. Erik Waller and Colby spent all weekend shooting for one flight and Thad Simmons was happy to put his son and a friend to work at the other flight. Dan Reel was a huge help with a bye dog and grabbing birds when needed also.

Rick Daughtry and Tom Weeks of WMHRC were great hosts all weekend and we will definitely be looking forward to doing it again next year.

Man oh man - if I was to forget to mention that I might be one of the luckiest men running dogs in this area, I'd be in trouble. For Valentine's Day, my wife put the 2 boys in her car and drove 4 hours to do paperwork and be the hunt secretary. Boys were pretty wore out after a weekend of moving birds and loading wingers also. Love you Andrea Gravely.

Thanks again to all that helped and those that participated. Without y'all, these events would never happen.
Richard G.

GRHRCH UH "Hammer" MH***
GRHRCH "Zeus"

"One of the secrets of training is not trying for perfection; a certain amount of tolerance is necessary."- Charles Morgan

Return to “General Discussion Forum”