West MS HRC Mahannah Test

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
chance
Duck South Addict

Re: West MS HRC Mahannah Test

Postby chance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Ah Grasshopper.....remember that I am now a part of "They". The secret society that thrives on enforcing its will on others. Scared I am not, merely careful.
GODFATHER
GRENADA MAFIA
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:39 pm

HRC member #3 just signed-up......too bad he's not running any started dogs. That would be another event in itself.
"I'd like to be remembered among my closest waterfowling friends (if I am remembered at all) for how I hunted them - not how many I killed" - [Jay Strangis]
Splash_em
Veteran

Postby Splash_em » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Richard G.

GRHRCH UH "Hammer" MH***
GRHRCH "Zeus"

"One of the secrets of training is not trying for perfection; a certain amount of tolerance is necessary."- Charles Morgan
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:28 am

Well I am gona chime in on that one Richard..there really isn't much difference in dead or alive dog still sees movement .. I would rather have the dead bird and shoot the gun myself .. I want my dog fetching birds that I shoot not ones that someone else shoots hundred + yds away .. Now granted I have not run much under "them " conditions nor have a run much under our conditions specially in last few yrs .. I really don't see much difference in the two cept dog gettin little more amped on a flyer .. We have done training days with flyers and I honestly didn't see a change in the dogs from a flyer to a dead bird...Dogs chase movement and dead is dead...
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
Splash_em
Veteran

Postby Splash_em » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 am

This thread doesn't need to go that direction a Rick, but I 119% disagree with that statement. Properly thrown live flier used in a marking series will destroy a flight of dogs.

Each group has their strengths and weaknesses. Let's have a good time with the strengths of whichever one we're standing at the line of.
Richard G.

GRHRCH UH "Hammer" MH***
GRHRCH "Zeus"

"One of the secrets of training is not trying for perfection; a certain amount of tolerance is necessary."- Charles Morgan
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:45 am

I didn't say one was better than the other.. Just have my opinion on what I like to do... They are two different games with same results..

wilddog
Veteran

Postby wilddog » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Wait now do not get away from Chance getting in trouble here haha . I will take any time i can get to get my buddy in trouble with the boss. Me and that clown have covered a many miles together and have had more fun than any law will allow and the best part is we have the boss to keep us under control when we get real crazy. So any one gets a chance to get see him get in trouble take it hahaha.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:55 pm

We can make it happen

Splash_em
Veteran

Postby Splash_em » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Im still passing out choke chains to all the gallery at Started!!!!
Richard G.

GRHRCH UH "Hammer" MH***
GRHRCH "Zeus"

chance
Duck South Addict

Postby chance » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:26 am

One area that I don't need any help is getting in trouble. I can get in PLENTY of trouble all by myself. I can guarantee one thing, wtih Ronnie everyone will have fun, unless he takes the bird away from one of the retrievers. Then it could, and has, get messy.
GODFATHER
GRENADA MAFIA
wilddog
Veteran

Postby wilddog » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:41 am

Ha we have been there done that. As far as them chains go i could care less as long as the dogs bring back my birds hahaha . That is okay because soon as we get done at started we are coming to Upland and plant birds all over the field and see how many will break hahaha
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:53 am

We gona have a good time whether we get ya in trouble or you do it ya self...lol......looks like it maybe one of the smallest test we have ever had thanks to several of our normal pros goin to an AKC test .. we still have today and tomoro for sign up on huntsecretary.com...this is the one thing that i wish we would change no walk ups ,cut off dates lets a club be more prepared for whats coming...but hey its what it is....for all of ya'll that are signed up and coming a word of advise bring whatever clothes for whatever condition you can think of...thsi is the Mahannah Test and conditions can will and have changed in a blink of the eye...those that know know.. We have an issue with the upland now the DEPT says we cant release birds on WMA so I am trying to find a place outside the WMA....we were going on what they said at first and now this comes up two weeks from the test...biggest problem is most of the land is turned under..places that are not maybe too thick or too thin...I am looking for land and have never been to an upland so kinda running blind...headed up in bout hr to start knocking on doors and farm shops

wilddog
Veteran

Postby wilddog » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:20 am

Man that is not good this close to game day. But you never fail to find everything in time so i bet someone will let you use there place for Upland just make sure i know where it is hahaha. Richard will be trying to find birds for his test when i go still a couple of his crates haha, Good luck today hope you find something fast
Splash_em
Veteran

Postby Splash_em » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Unless we get a bunch of entries really fast Ronnie, I've prebought enough birds that every dog could flush 8 and we won't run out! Then give them all 4 ribbons a piece.

Rick is busting his ass right now trying to find property. I got faith in him. Sponge Bob on the other hand, not so much.
Richard G.

GRHRCH UH "Hammer" MH***
GRHRCH "Zeus"

msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Tom and I are going to look at the land tomoro and land owner will be back monday morn...if Tom says it will work I am 99.9% sure we will be good to go

Return to “General Discussion Forum”