Fundraiser

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
puddin
Regular

Fundraiser

Postby puddin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 pm

What type fundraiser do any of your hunting clubs do to raise money? We have raffled off a gun and made a decent profit but need more ideas. We only have about 12 members and dont really wanna add many more cause its more like a family hunting club. We are just needing suggestions and opinions on which way to go next. Thanks for the advise.
TODO
Duck South Addict

Re: Fundraiser

Postby TODO » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:04 am

I hunt with some buddies every year at a club in Arkansas. On opening weekend they have an auction. All the members are required to bring something to auction off. Free beer and whisky. It can be pretty fun and they raised $4,500 or so at this years auction. Prolly had 25 people in attendance.
woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Rent a sporting clays range, get some of the hunting stores you shop at regularly to donate some gift certifictes or small goods, grunt call, lanyard, duck tote, gun case, etc. and then purchase a big item that would go to the highest scorer. I know it may cost some money to rent range and buy gun, but just calculate all that in to the shooting fee. I'm sure you could get 10-15 groups of 4 for at $50-$75/person to come out for a day of shooting. That would be $2000-$4500 subtract the range rental and gun cost (less than $1000) and you have made a little bit. You could have a little lunch afterwards and have raffle for gift certificates and other items while waiting to annonce the winner of the shoot.

Or you could always do a drawdown. Depending on the people you are targeting with this fundraiser.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:43 pm

Woody, Wouldn't you have to be a nonprofit to go the donated route? :?
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:33 pm

I have no clue. I don't do fundraisers. Just mentioning some ideas that I have seen others do.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:45 pm

host a softball tourney. 175 dollar entry fee per team. and do concessions. have your members get drinks chips and other junk for concessions.. all you gotta hire is the certified umpire. they make roughly 30-35 a game or so if there is only one ump per field. you get a dozen teams that's 2100, plus concessions. and all your out is the money for the ump (which should cover at least the ump). don't do trophies, just do t shirts for 1st prize. takes a day to do

draw down, auction, raffles, fishing tourney at the local lake, sell dinner plates (ya'll cook), sell boston butts....

there's a few ideas
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:59 am

Seems like alot of hassle to "raise" minimal money from outsiders to support your hunting club. I like the ease of this formula.... Money needed/members=contributions.

Its a novel idea, but not quite sure of the feedback i'd get to "hey you want a chance at xyz item to support my hunting habits?"

Btw...im selling $5 raffle tickets for an avery duck tote...need to sell 20,000
Daddy needs some new toys!
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”