Olts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
crackhead
Duck South Addict

Olts

Postby crackhead » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:43 pm

For a company to go out of business 30 years ago there sure are alot of people trying to copy them. As of now you have BSOD, Black opps, Dj selling cuts, RNT (which kinda looks like a sex toy), then on top of that Kirk selling any of them with his on cuts. As well as his BLOODRUNNER cut that ive heard about. Im guessing if someone could convince the olt family to sell or license their name and logo's a person could make a damn fortune. Had one guy I know already contact PS OLT the 4th and was turned down.

For the ones that can actually blow them whats yalls opinion. Ive run em all but the rnt. BSOD gets my vote so far.
When it come's to duck calling and duck killing its the indian not the arrow!
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: Olts

Postby deltadukman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:00 pm

I currently use a KM cut "real" olt. I love it. I have a DFB, but cant get it right....but we're working on it. I havent heard a BSOD, but do know that Kirks new bloodrunner running a ninja $400 :o

I do want to know why or what got kirk off the DFB team and onto making his own.

Crackhead...you need to check out Champ's Phallic Mondo...its dam close.
crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Kirk is a whore from what ive seen in the duck hunting world. I mean he put bayou meto on the radar of every dip dunk that has internet and a robo.

Champ can get down on it no doubt.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:15 pm

It took me about a day to run my DFB. I can make it bark pretty good now. I also shaved it some to get it to my liking. I have heard the BSODs are a little easier to blow than the rest but that is complete hearsay. I have a buddy who just bought two olt keyholes that I'm going to help him cut down, or throw away, we will see. I was very surprised when I opened my Mack's catalog and saw all the cutdown models.

That RNT looks pretty sweet, Champcaller shore had it barking. I want one...
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:43 pm

crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:46 pm

The Kirk DFB's might be whats worth the money since there will be no more of them as it appears from now.
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:15 pm

I know ya'll think I'm saying this cause I'm affiliated with RNT, but the mondo has the best sound of any of em.

ya'll know me well enough that I wouldn't blow it if it didn't sound better than what I already had.

I've blown all the 'cut down' type calls and the mondo takes the cake.

I wish I could do a sound file with all the different versions so everybody could form their own opinion.

Either way, theres no reason the limited supply of olts should be cut. Mine are on the shelf.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
Trip
Duck South Addict

Postby Trip » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:08 pm

I've blown a few of the BSOD's and don't have anything bad to say about them. With some tuning/ cutting I could have made it sound better. I'm not crazy about it being a plastic call.

The DFB is turned on a lathe and seems a little more dense. It is the closest to the way I have my Olt sounding than the DJ, KM Olt, or the BSOD. I liked it right off the bat.

I will have a RNT Mondo in the very near future if for no other reason than to just have another call.

I believe the comments about KM are pretty much right on and sum up why he's not affiliated with Black Ops anymore. He wanted to go in one direction and Michael is headed some where else with Black Ops.
Josh Lantrip
crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:09 pm

I figured that trip. He went from I'm all ab black opps no more cut olts. To back to cutting any call you'll send me. Dude seems bi polar to me. But the mo fo can smooth blow a duck call.
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:27 pm

I've got the three olt clones you mentioned (DJ, DFB, and BSOD). Don't care for the DJ out of the box. The DFB and the BSOD sound pretty solid as delivered. They both have a unique sound. The BSOD may be a hair louder. It's cool that you can buy inserts from BSOD and play around with modifying them. After ruining one (maybe more???), I got one I like.

TJ, I plan on stopping by RNT this Sept and checking out that Mondo. Don't care how ugly it is, it sounds right.
Never assume.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:00 am

GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 pm

I cannot summon nearly enough air to blow a BSOD. I would need a portable compressor to blow that sucker. lol:
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:28 pm

If the BSOD is to heavy for ya try the dfb. You'll need a extra compressor for that.
Trip
Duck South Addict

Postby Trip » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Josh Lantrip
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:47 pm

9 times out of 10 it ain't the calls fault there isn't a bark coming out...

what's that saying about the indian and the arrow? :lol:
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com

Return to “General Discussion Forum”