Rankin Teen Hit & Run Case

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Rankin Teen Hit & Run Case

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Anyone know the teens involved or their families? From all appearances in the media, it looks like these guys were in a part of town that would be unusual for an 18 y/o white kid to be and ran over a guy in the early hours of the morning on purpose.

Strange story to say the least...

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20 ... |text|Home
Last edited by Deltamud77 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: Rankin Teen Hit & Run Case

Postby deltadukman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:11 pm

My guess is drug deal gone bad. Thats a rough part of town that this cracka dont go in.
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:44 pm

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Nobody owes you anything.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:10 pm

I know "they" are going tospin it as a hate crime, but I dont think thats the case. I think the boy was over in the hood trying to by some dope and something went wrong and he probably said what every one of us would have when a black person does you wrong and someone heard it. I believe he did what was said and is completely in the wrong, but I dont think he went all the way over there just to commit a racial crime.
CBRADGO
Veteran

Postby CBRADGO » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:05 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43654009/ns ... ackson_ms/

"The Hinds County district attorney said two white teenagers appear to have been looking for a black man to assault before one of them ran over 49-year-old James Anderson with a pickup truck last month.

Jackson Municipal Court Judge Ali Shamsideen on Wednesday upped the bond from $50,000 to $800,000 for 18-year-old Deryl Dedmon, who is accused of running Anderson down. If Dedmon is able to make bail, Shamsideen ordered that he will then be placed on house arrest and will be required to get permission from the court before leaving home.

Hinds County District Attorney Robert Smith had tried to revoke Dedmon's bond. Dedmon and John Rice, 18, are both charged with murder in connection with Anderson's death. Rice was denied bond during a hearing last week.

A Jackson police officer testified Wednesday that he received a report that Dedmon admitted to assaulting Anderson before running him over.

Police said the incident stemmed from an June 26 argument between Dedmon, Rice and Anderson in front of a hotel on Ellis Avenue. Police said surveillance video of the incident shows that Rice and Dedmon started an altercation with Anderson that ended with his death.

Smith admitted that no one in court on Wednesday had seen the surveillance video, but he said accounts from witnesses show that Anderson's death was a hate crime.

Winston Thompson, an attorney representing Anderson's family in a wrongful death lawsuit, said the family is still grieving.

"They're pleased with District Attorney Robert Smith. They're pleased with the judge that he decided to up the bond," Thompson said.

The case will now go to a Hinds County grand jury, Smith said."

Already topspun, sad deal all the way around. I'm sure the reggin will be made out to be an upstanding citizen, loving family man, yada yada yada and these "evil hate filled white BOYS" will be likened to the KKK of old and their families dragged through the mud.

You and I know that wasn't the case, they were looking for a bag of something and he tried to screw them out of $$$, shady dealer, etc. and they took it too far but now they will be labeled as racist hate mongers when in reality, Anderson probably got what he deserved. Truth be told, JPD is probably trumping up all of this as much as they can to cover up the fact that they turn a blind eye to this chit hole motel and get kickbacks from the dealers and owners. Rant off...
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:19 pm

With a Hinds county jury, those boys are already guilty of a hate crime.
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
CBRADGO
Veteran

Postby CBRADGO » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Poor choice of wording, should have said "may have" instead of probably, I apologize. No one knows what went down and why but for that boy to run him over, there is a whole lot more to the story than we may ever know. I do know that Robert Smith spoke with extreme zeal when describing this case to the media and will most likely make this a witch hunt the likes of which Hinds Co. and MS haven't seen since the 60's. This will be unneccesarily political in nature and while there is little doubt as to a crime being committed, what and why it was done will be lost in the hype of black vs. white yet again...
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:34 pm

They do need to be punished for the crime, im not doubting that one bit, but the hate crime bs needs to be dropped. What happend to a boy I played ball with who went over there to buy beer at the arab store on lynch who was killed in a similar situation....no hate spoke of there
farmerc83
Duck South Addict

Postby farmerc83 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:31 am

"Police said surveillance video of the incident shows that Rice and Dedmon started an altercation with Anderson that ended with his death.

Smith admitted that no one in court on Wednesday had seen the surveillance video, but he said accounts from witnesses show that Anderson's death was a hate crime."

Wonder if we'll get to see the video?

Interesting article on WLBT about the history of violent crime at the hotel.

http://www.wlbt.com/story/15028285/law- ... oblem-spot
The two loudest sounds in the world are a BANG when you expect a CLICK and a CLICK when you expect a BANG.
Chuckle12
Duck South Addict

Postby Chuckle12 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:35 am

I've heard from reputable sources (that know these two) that these two boys would get drunk and drive over to the Ellis Avenue area at night to jump on a younger or older black guy just for fun. I think we'll find out that this is not their first time to assault a black person. This one just ended very badly. As much as I hate to say it... I think a hate crime is exactly what it is. :?
Μολὼν λαβέ
HRCH Man with a Loaded Gun MH
HR Quest's Loaded Gun 4/8/00-7/5/12 RIP
farmerc83
Duck South Addict

Postby farmerc83 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 am

Has anyone seen any reason why this 49 yr old man was in a hotel parking lot in the middle of the night when he wasn't staying at the hotel? If he was walking home from his shift at whatever job he has and was just cutting thru I've got a feeling we'd have heard that by now from his family's side. This doesn't take away from the wrong action by the boys or remove the necessity of a suitable punishment, but it still needs to be answered so that the full scope of the situation can be understood. My guess is that the "hate crime" pushers don't want Mr. Anderson's business at the hotel made public. I could be wrong and he could have been a model citizen...who knows?? Has anyone seen if he had a criminal record?

Wish there was this same amount of outcry by the black community when a 16 year old female, Jim Hill student was shot in the head at this hotel last summer. Maybe then some real change would occur.
The two loudest sounds in the world are a BANG when you expect a CLICK and a CLICK when you expect a BANG.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”