Armor Up

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
rustypjr
Duck South Addict

Armor Up

Postby rustypjr » Sun May 29, 2011 8:15 pm

Just wanted to share and brag on God a minute. This is finally happening and I just wanted to share a little bit with yall.

Armor Up Ministries was started in 2010 by Jason Willis and Rusty Parsons. Armor Up comes from Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. We need to Armor Up and stand against the devil. We can't do it alone, only by using the Armor of God can we stand. The dream was to use sports as an avenue to reach lost children, teenagers and college students. We want to use sports as our access to them but the ultimate goal is to bring them to the saving power of Jesus Christ. We started off speaking to high school sports teams and teams at ECCC. We have had the privilege of being apart of several teams. Then we said what if we could do more. Well God answered in a big way. Enter Armor Up Sports Camps.

Armor Up Sports Camp is camp that will teach the fundamentals of sports or improve on fundamentals that are already there. Also every camp day we will have the Gospel message shared by Rusty or Jason or other area ministers. We are very excited about this. THE Camp is at The Neshoba Baptist Association every Thursday in June from 8:30-11:30 AM. It is for 7-12 year old boys and girls. This camp is free to all children. If you know someone who would like to participate email me or text me.

Here is the schedule:

June 2nd- Volleyball 8:30-11:30 AM

June 9th- Basketball 8:30-11:30 AM

June 16- Baseball / Softball 8:30-11:30 AM

June 23- Football / Cheerleading 8:30-11:30 AM

June 30- all out sports day. 8:30-2:00

We hope that you are able to make all or some of the dates. Please help us spread the word.

7-12 year old boys and girls. Free to all kids. To register email armorupministries@gmail.com or call 601-416-3705 or 601-504-8617

NAME:__________________________________

PARENTS NAME__________________________

PARENT CONTACT NUMBER ________________
Rusty Parsons

Return to “General Discussion Forum”