Vacation ideas

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Vacation ideas

Postby GreenheadJim » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:49 pm

The wife is wanting to go to the beach somewhere for vacation. I've never been much of a beach fan. I was thinking about a cruise or maybe Orange Beach.

Give me some suggestions?
paraduck
Veteran

Re: Vacation ideas

Postby paraduck » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Weare going to Cape San Blas in July for fun in the sun , fishing and scallops. Its near Port St Joe ole Florida , small beach town, no chain food.
SHANE704
Veteran

Postby SHANE704 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 am

destin is very nice but is very commercialized....the water is beautiful, there are hundreds of places to eat but expect a long wait if you try to eat supper at any name brand after about 5:30. its worth the drive back to ft walton to eat at old bay steamer tho!

orange beach is nice, a lil cheaper and easier to get around than destin...lulu's is not all its cracked up to be IMHO but u should def check out tacky jacks. florabama can be fun if yall are into that sort of thing.

fort morgan is a really nice lil secluded area. if less crowded beaches and quiet is what ur after then u may want to look here. not alot to do here or many places to eat but its not that far back to gulf shores
woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:47 am

Grayton Beach

small beach town (Must hit up the Red Bar, great place to eat) close to destin and seaside so you can have the commercialized stuff when you want it and the relaxation when you need it....Plus there are some good places to eat right around there.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:45 am

I don't care what my family says, I'll NEVER go to another beach, again, and scrape sand outta the crack of my booty....there's a saying about those caribbean trips - "different island/same natives/same sand/same water"....they're all the same....go north, young man....take an Alaskan cruise, even if you hafta save up for it....or, go to the Smokies or Ozark Mtns., and get away from these skeeters and democrats for a while.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Orange Beach is a little less commercilized than Destin, but not as pretty and not as many places to eat... Grayton Beach and Red Bar as mentioned above is nice..

Cruises are nice too.. You can leave out of New Orleans and save yourself the airfair... I have been to the Bahamas and also to Jamaca,Grand Cayman, Cozemel and Cancun.... If your not a beach fan see if you can find either a cruise or go stay at Cancun/Cozumel and do a beach combo deal where you can go visit the Mayan ruins too. That there is awesome and you and your wife get to experience two different things..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Peewee
Over the Limit
Regular

Postby Over the Limit » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:47 pm

There some nice condo's in Clarksdale MS. Great place to relax and take the family.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:56 pm

How much money you want to spend........????? All inclusive is the only way to go for you and the wife.........sandals, etc.

Or you can wait till february and take her here........http://www.getducks.com/mexico-duck-hun ... nting.aspx
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
fieldt76
Veteran

Postby fieldt76 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Bear with me here, you could just do what your wife wants to do....

Say worst case scenario, you go to the beach (at least that would be my worst case scenario). Your wife is happy because she gets exactly what she wants and you can get hammered drunk and look at titties all day.

But this is the good part, because you are so thoughtful and attentive to her wants and needs, you will buld up some great husband equity that you can burn through during duck season.

just sayin.
r.c.a.1971
Veteran

Postby r.c.a.1971 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:40 pm

hooked on quackers
Regular

Postby hooked on quackers » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Orange Beach is great! Lots of places to eat,wife can shop in Foley. Previously owned in Destin buy like OB better
HRCH Rips Fullhouse Jacks Over Aces MH -Ace
_HR_Color Me Gone -Speed
Kicking the Habit PeeWee

Jack Gravely
RNAIL
Veteran

Postby RNAIL » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Here is a great place if you don't mind a little extra drive farther south, it is beautiful down there.

http://www.annamariaislandchamber.org/
I'm Retired, leave me alone
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 am

Here's the link to my condo if you are interested. Located in Bay Point - Panama City. Golf, tennis, fishing (both Bay and Offshore), restauarants, Sea Doo and Pontoon Boat rentals right out the back door.

http://www.vrbo.com/235371
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
H20 Fowl
Duck South Addict

Postby H20 Fowl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:29 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”